Menu
HMB42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Automatic Calls

Hello,

I have internet banking and when I set something up online e.g. new contact, standing order etc, then the bank obviously want to verify that it is me making the changes to my account.  To do this they do an automatic call to my mobile number to give me a four digit code number which I have to type into a screen on my computer to verify the change. 

However, the last couple of times I have tried to do this the call doesn't make my phone ring at all and the call goes straight through to voicemail, which means I miss it each time.   This is very frustrating.  Has anybody got any ideas what I can do to get this sorted out?

Thanks.

HMB42

0 Kudos
Terrybill
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Automatic Calls

Check in your settings that call and sms blocking is set to 'off'. If set to 'on', any calls or sms messages from withheld numbers, or anything else you have set, will go straight to voicemail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi HMB42,

Welcome back and thank you for your post.

I would like to help and can see that its been a few days with no reply, has Terrybill's advice been able to help you?

Also if you need any further help, I can certainly assist you in this.

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
HMB42
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Have now spoken to Lloyds Bank technical support via phone and it seems that this is a known problem for Virgin customers. The problem is down to my bank's updated security system not recognising any virgin mobile number as secure.  Therefore, next time I want to verify something on my account, will use my landline number instead and hope that that works until such time as Lloyds Bank sort themselves out.

HMB42

0 Kudos
Terrybill
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can always change banks. I use HSBC and have not had any problems with their secure system.

0 Kudos