Menu
billb90125
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At the end of my tether with Customer Services - COM101089537

Hi all,

My daughter has an LG G4 phone. On 18th October 2016 the screen packed in and from that moment there was no screen display. After looking at this with my daughter (the phone user) and going through the website and checking for water damage etc.. I created a Repair Job on line. After a number of days the pack to send the phone for repair had not arrived. I contacted Customer services on 28th October to report this. They couldn't explain why nothing was sent out even though they could see the Repair Job details on screen. They cancelled the job and created another job (848589). I had a message saying that the phone had arrived with Virgin on 2nd November. The next email I had was on 9th November saying 'Your phone is on its way to you and should arrive in the next day or two. As it's being sent by DPD, someone will need to sign for it when it arrives.' It was delivered that day but a note through my daughter's door said it had been left at no 25 (that's where she lives!) and signed for by someone (Coos) that nobody in the Neighbourhood knows. My daughter visited neighbours to see if anyone had the phone. I contacted Virgin on 12th November to say that the phone was missing and my daughter contacted DPD who said that had a signature so their job was done. I tried again by phoning on 21st November. Then again on 24th November. I was told that DPD had done an investigation and found the phone but it would have to be sent back to Virgin to be inspected before it could be sent out again. It would be back 'tomorrow' I was told (so would arrive on Friday 25th).

I checked with my daughter at the start of the following week (28th) to see if she'd received anything. I called again on 30th November to find out what was going on. The operator said she would chase it and get back to me the following day. I had a voice mail message from the operator on 1st December to say that the phone had been delivered to Virgin the day before (30th instead of 25th) and was with the repair centre and that they needed me to confirm an alternative address to deliver to. I phoned the customer support centre within the hour to ask them to deliver to my home address as my daughter would be with us over the weekend. I was told that they would confirm this later. I didn't hear from them so I phoned yet again (2nd December). I got through to an operator who I had to explain the whole story to again. I wanted assurance that the phone had been sent out. She said she didn't know where the phone was, that it might be in transit to Virgin (even though I'd been told it arrived on 30th November) and it might be with the repair centre but they had gone for the day and that they wouldn't be in over the weekend. When I put the phone down I lodged a complaint
.through the Resolver Website quoting the complaint number in the subject of this post, COM1010899537.

On 7th December the repair centre called my daughter on her number (she is using an old Samsung SIII whilst this has been going on) @11:21 saying that they needed information from her about the phone. She was kept on silent hold for 2 -3 minutes. The operator then said that he would call back in 15 minutes as he needed to contact the phone repair team. He called again @11:32. He put her on hold again twice, the first time to confirm the make and model of the phone and contact the repair team. After being on hold for 10 minutes he returned to say that they hadn't been able to locate her phone and that they didn't have a spare LG to send her. He then said that based on the specifications of her phone that they would send a Sony Xperia M4 that would be sent in 3 -5 working days. My daughter was angry at this suggestion in that she doesn't want a Sony Xperia and wanted her LG phone returned. He wouldn't listen to her and said he could offer another Sony phone but she kept repeating that she did not want a Sony phone. He then asked her to hold the line as he would contact the repair team again. She was on hold for approx 15 minutes (this was whilst shopping so was very disruptive) and when he returned he said that the repair team would contact her in the next hour. This has not happened.

So I now can't believe anything I was told. Did DPD have an investigation and find the phone? Did they send it back on 24th or 30th November? I cannot understand why I was asked what address to deliver the phone to if they hadn't got it or didn't know where it is. The saga has been going on for over 8 weeks. The phone was just over a year old when the problem occurred and we're paying £20 a month just for the phone with air time on top.

We need this resolved now. There is nothing coming from Virgin for the original complaint and the Resolver case has had no answer after 9 days. Why should we be paying for a phone that has disappeared? Why are Virgin indifferent to the problem. Do they ignore complaints?

I have broadband, TV, home phone, 4 mobile contacts and a pay as you go SIM with Virgin. I have been with Virgin since 2008 and luckily this is the first problem I have had. The level of service for this is terrible. Why do you have to repeat the saga every time you call? Why can't they call or email you with updates on how things are progressing - they have my details? When you take out a contract you are bombarded with emails.

I have wasted about 6 hours on the phone to customer services, have written a complaint through Resolver, my daughter has been on a wild goose chase for her phone round her neighbourhood and I've now paid 2 x £20 for a phone Virgin have lost. I think I will be taking my business elsewhere. This is my 2nd last hope - I will be paying Richard Branson a call very soon!!!

0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: At the end of my tether with Customer Services - COM101089537

How did DPD retrieve the phone when someone had already signed for it.
0 Kudos
billb90125
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know, it doesn't make sense. Either they hadn't delivered it or they went back to whoever this 'Coos' character is to retrieve it or this wasn't actually true. Virgin haven't explained what happened. And if DPD were sending it back surely they could guarantee a delivery time, what with them being in that business!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi billb90125

Thank you for taking the time to join our community, I'm really sorry to hear about what's happened here and the impact it’s had on you and your daughter.

I want to see if I can clarify the current situation in regards to the phone and the recent repair booking so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos