Menu
TinaCollins25
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Arrived in Turkey 4/6/15. Mobile will not connect to local courier & has retained UK time

Arrived in Turkey 4/6/15 mobile will not connect to local carrier and has retained UK time. Please help as mobile is just showing "no service ". 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Arrived in Turkey 4/6/15. Mobile will not connect to local courier & has retained UK time

Hi TinaCollins25,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear roaming is not working for you in Turkey.

You can check roaming is active when you log into Your Account . Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here. You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

If roaming is active and no barring set yet it still doesn't work please try the following steps below:

Turn your phone off and then back on again.

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

Let me know how this goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Artytack
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Arrived in Turkey 4/6/15. Mobile will not connect to local courier & has retained UK time

I have arrived in Cyprus, and my iPhone 6 won't let me phone or text. I have so far sent 2 emails for advice, had the emails acknowledged, and told they had been forwarded to the appropriate dept. but nothing since. (48 hours so far). I then rang the " help " desk and she advised all the things listed, then when I tried to ring someone that failed, so the help desk lady rang my phone which came through. So she says that's it feels fixed, but when I tried to ring someone again it again failed to allow the call or the text. Surely this problem must be able to be easily fixed!
I just want the Virgin team to do their job and contact me!!
0 Kudos