Menu
barry21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Are you not allowed to cancel the sim part of the phone contract?

When I got a new 2nd phone recently it said that the phone and sim were now seperate. The sim is even just called a 30 day rolling contract and billed seperatley from the phone.

I called today to cancel the sim and the person said that you can't cancel the sim while the phone is still under contract? why do they say that they are seperate then? Woman Frustrated

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are you not allowed to cancel the sim part of the phone contract?

Saw your other thread about this. I agree that if you're still bound by 24 months, then there is no benefit at all to splitting the two components.

I was able to change tariffs during my minimum term, so it's technically possible on a normal pay monthly contract. (It's a long story, but the offer to change mid-term was actually made by VM, I didn't ask for it)

If you must cancel a Freestyle contract, fair enough you pay off the handset, and presumably you have to pay off the remaining months of the airtime, so no benefit there either.

If the only benefit to Freestyle is the ease with which you can bounce your tariff up and down every 30 days, why is it only available on premium handsets?

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are you not allowed to cancel the sim part of the phone contract?

One thing thtth new split price plans effect is discounts.

Virgin operates or atleast did operate several discounts including student nus discount and staff rates.

the discount would be a flat % off the price 15% for nus for example.

Now the discount only applies to the sim part of the price plan.

Im sure theres alot more to it than that but thats the one noticable thing ive seen

0 Kudos