Menu
DB9
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Are virgin selling details??

Has anybody else had lot of unsolicited calls after signing up to for mobile or sim? I used my private number that no one has as a contact for virgin incase they needed to before it came and activated. In the last few days I've lost count of strange 0845 numbers that are calling me and searching internet they accident scams and all that. Really unhappy like I'm far too busy to have these clowns calling every few hours
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are virgin selling details??

Hi DB9

Really sorry to hear about the unsolicited calls you're receiving.

We would never pass your details on to a third party, so it may just be coincidence if the calls started at around the same time.

It's possible you've been contacted by a random number dialer (illegal in the UK, but unfortunately many unauthorised calls originate from outside the UK). Once the number is confirmed as working they may continue to call it or pass the number on to other unscrupulous firms.

What type of handset do you have?

Many phones have the option to block calls from certain numbers, so this may help reduce the calls that get through to you. 

You can also register for the Telephone Preference Service to opt out of marketing calls (which now includes mobiles), however this may not stop some of the less scrupulous companies.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos