Menu
DanniAnastasi
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are virgin blocking calls from Halifax?

Hello,
I recently switched my bank to Halifax and am having so much trouble with the digital side of things.

To make any payment through online banking, or to even sign up for the mobile app, Halifax need to communicate a code to me, which they would do audibly, by calling me (then I pop that code in on my device etc). I never receive the calls, ever. I just get a voicemail.

The bank have told me they experience this problem with Virgin Mobile customers a lot, and advised that I call Virgin and request for the number to be unblocked. According to them, Halifax calls are filtered because they are perceived to be nuisance calls or something like that.

So, I called the other day and the advisor I spoke with said that "they do not have the tools to unblock numbers", which I find hard to believe, and "they aren't blocking any numbers" and insisted that I must have manually blocked the number myself and offered to show me how to unblock it on my iPhone. I assured him I wasn't blocking the number myself, hence calling. I don't know if he didn't understand my question, or genuinely doesn't have the tools or whatever, but I'm being passed off between Halifax and Virgin Mobile and would just like to start using my bank properly soon. It shouldn't be this hard.

In summation:
Is this a common thing?
Can you fix it?

Thanks,
I hope somebody can help.

Oh and before anyone asks, yes I am tech savvy, I'm not doing it wrong, I have tried everything. I have been into branch and the Digital Banking Champion said that it must be a network problem. I don't need suggestions on how to bank or use my phone.
0 Kudos
sjohnson91
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are virgin blocking calls from Halifax?

Dear Danni
In my knowledge quite a lot of people experiencing the same problem , and I am one among them. Not able to use internet banking for my halifax account. Some ridicule was suggesting to provide an alternative number for halifax banking. I really don't know what sense they have got. Spoken to customer service twice. Everytime they reboot the setting. if it persists i have to switch the mobile provider. I will let you know if the virgin team could be of any help to me in this issue.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My wife uses Halifax.  The code comes as a text, not a voice call. And has to be entered into a browser pop up. The pop up does not work with ad blockers. It is a crap system.

Are you saying texts are blocked or yours works differently and does not use text messages?

0 Kudos
DanniAnastasi
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nope, I've never been given an option to have text messages, it's only calls, and then voicemails when I don't get the call. I'd love it if texts were an option. I've clearly made the wrong choice switching to Halifax haha, how are they doing this so differently for different customers?
0 Kudos
DanniAnastasi
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'm glad it's not just me. I wish they'd sort this
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

maybe I got that wrong, I know my wife was in tears over not being able to make the Halifax thing work, which turned out to be an ad blocker problem.

having just looked at some halifax  helpscreens, I think actually  they put up a code on screen & then call you to ask for it to be typed in ( but it's a robot call not a person, so you can't say, I never got the code )

as it is a robo call, it will be blocked by call minder things like BT call guardian which ask the human to give their name before being connected.. so if I am expecting a call from amazon for instance I have to make sure that is disabled or I never get the call.

do you have anything like that, or any caller withheld filter ?

0 Kudos