Menu
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are there issues with the West Bridgford reception or just over loaded?

I volunteer at the International matches and T20 matches at Trent Bridge (postcode NG2 6AG).

When I work at the less populated T20 matches my phone works fine.

Last year at the test match and this year for the ODI it becomes pretty much useless.

No data along with sporadic calls and texts outgoing and incoming. Texts failing to send along with me not receiving. Last year as soon as I drove far enough away my phone went into overdrive with all it's notifications etc.

My guess it's partly due to Virgin not being on 4G and all the usual EE customers in that area at the time hammering that transmitter.

I'm asking as the forthcoming Test match is from Thursday August 6th and is to be expected I have pretty much a brick in my pocket for those 5 days?

If anything could be checked out beforehand that would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are there issues with the West Bridgford reception or just over loaded?

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

My apologies for the difficulties your'e experiencing using your mobile on match days.

I've used the postcode you've provided and checked the area masts on the local network for you. There a four masts around the ground area two of which are very close so coverage shouldn't be an issue.

As you have eluded to the build up in traffic on these masts on a busy match day is probably going to be the cause of the symptoms you've been experiencing. 

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok appreciate that.

I just find it hard to believe that a venue that holds 18,000 people is enough for me to end up with a crippled phone for several hours.
I find it hard to believe EE customers experience that and so by being a Virgin customer are pushed to the bottom of the queue.

I am going to ask some of my colleagues when I am there what network they are on as I put money on it happening again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for your reply.

I get what your saying. From my own experience when I've been down to our local liberty stadium watching the mighty SwansSmiley Happy which holds around the same attendance I've had similar issues with signal. I know that others I've been with experience a similar scenario as well and they were with other mobile providers.

Let us know how your research goes.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So I was at Trent Bridge while England won the Ashes and all the 2.5 days I was there I had full access to everything. Calls, texts data the lot.

The reason I had no issues was I transferred to EE the day before.
The difference to the experience I has under Virgin Mobile is like night and day.
Virgin should be questioning EE about the way it is seemingly shoving the piggy backers down the list of it's resources.
Perhaps it is down to the 4G I don't know but it was such a difference I will not be swapping back put it that way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm sorry to hear we've lost you as a customer but I understand the reasons for you wanting to leave. It all comes down to personal preference. I'm happy with 3G but others may not be.

You never know we may get 4G in the future so watch this space.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos