Menu
LizMol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apps disappearing

My mobile has just been returned after having been repaired. All my photos are gone from the album, and I can no longer access whatsapp. When I ask for an email to verify, nothing happens!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Apps disappearing

Hi LizMol,

if your SIM is missing, you need to call customer services straight away (0345 6000 789) explain what has happened and request a replacement.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LizMol,

it would have been prudent before sending your phone off for repair to backup everything first.

Does your phone do auto uploads to Google or a cloud service so you may be able to retrieve them?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp (although this will likely lose saved "chats" Smiley Sad).

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If it was enabled, Whatsapp back up to the cloud for you, so remove, reboot and reinstall, the other info as always from Alex is spot on

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LizMol,

Welcome into the Community, it's great to see you've had some help so far on this.

I hope that you have been able to gain some of your photos back and also that the phone is repaired. Please let us know how you got on as we'd love to know.

Great help guys too.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

LizMol
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, I couldnt back up my phone as it just stopped working, couldn't switch it on at all. But now, on looking at it again, I realise that it has been returned to me without a sim card in it. Surely this is not right? I cant get anything at all on it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LizMol,

if your SIM is missing, you need to call customer services straight away (0345 6000 789) explain what has happened and request a replacement.

LizMol
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, just one problem, I am in France till early september, and whenever I try to get through to Virgin, I get cut off. Obviously I cant use my mobile as there is no sim in it!! Arrrggghhh!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
LizMol
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I managed to get through to them, and they told me I should have removed the sim before I sent the phone to them. Well, no-one told me that, so now the sim has been destroyed unfortunately, they are sending a new on to my address in UK, which means I have to have it posted on to me, and I have lost all my data from the phone. Not well pleased with Virgin! At least I managed to get through to them this time and have filed a complaint, so thank you for your help.

0 Kudos