Menu
adb2112
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appalling signal

The service at home is shocking to say the least. I get no coverage, emergency calls only. Contacted the team and they basically said I need to pay to cancel my contract. Why? You've not provided me a service that I pay for!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling signal

Hi adb2112,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I deeply apologise for having such a poor mobile signal at your home. I appreciate this is when it's likely to be used the most.

I've gone onto our Mobile Coverage Checker and put in your postcode. It shows 2G signal rated as 'Good' but 3G at 'Low'. I'd also like to point out the following statement:-

"This map is only a guide and is not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. It shows outdoor coverage only. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions."

As you can see, it can be very hard to guarantee a signal inside a property as there a lot of factors to consider outside of our control. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Has the signal always been bad?

Do you get a better signal out and about?

Are there other Virgin Mobiles at the property?

Do these experience the same problem?

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
adb2112
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes it has always been bad.

No other Virgin phones in household

Don't get signal until 1 mile down the road.

Useless

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi adb2112,

Many thanks for coming back to me.

I've checked the EE mast map again and the closest one to you is a few miles away so this would explain why you have to travel over a mile for it to be fully functional.

I'm afraid to say not a lot can be done about this as it's up to EE to build a mast closer. If you were getting poor signal out and about too then I would have recommend a SIM card replacement.

Hope you're clear with this information.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos