Menu
FarJhole
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appalling customer service!!

I'm trying all avenues, so hopefully someone from Virgin Mobile with some kinda draw sees this and follows this up.

On 19th Sept I called up to pay off the remainder of my contract/loan with a view to getting a new handset. The advisor stated that there was £90 left to pay, took my payment details and said that it would take up to 24hrs to process, they would call me back the next day to confirm that it was all cleared. Fine I thought.

20th Sept, no call or anything. I checked my bank account and saw that £90 had come out.

I called back, explained the situation, asked why I hadn't received a call back, they said that the system has a glitch and they can't see that it's gone through. Ok, no problem there. They took another look and said that their screen shows that 2x£90 had been taken out. I checked my account and maintained that only one payment had gone out. They told to me to wait another 24hrs for a refund to be processed. I told her that there was only one payment made. She continued to try to tell me that it was 2 payments. Getting annoyed, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said it would be a 30 minute wait. I asked that they call me back. She said it would be 5hrs for a callback. Surprised, I said fine and waited for my callback. No one called.

21st Sept - Called them again, explained the situation (again) They said they would check. Same thing, they are having to go through with a refund for the second £90 payment taken. I stressed that there was only one payment made, asked if that had gone through on their system. They said they couldn't check at this time, but they would call back in 24hrs. I told them that I've had this spiel before and I'm not very confident that I'm going to get a callback. She said that she gives me her personal assurance that she would call back at 9.30am. She also said that she would discuss with me some sort of compensation or money off an upgrade.

22nd Sept, 9.30am...no call...10.00, 10.30, 11.00...nothing. I  called them, passed to three departments, finally settling on someone in customer 'care' who repeated the two payment thing. I told him that there is only one payment according to my bank, which went through on 19th. He put me on hold. He assured me that this has all been wiped off now and in order to complete an upgrade, I would have to wait 5 days for it to clear. As you can imagine my jaw dropped at this statement. He gave me his assurances that he'll take care of the case, gave me his personal ID number and said to go through him if I called again, but he would contact me on a daily basis to update me. He also said that he would assure me that he would look to compensation or a better deal to make up for the inconvenience. I told him that I was ready to leave, since I had found a better deal on the handset I wanted anyways. He told me that my custom was valued and he would do what he could.

26th Sept - Nothing heard from that guy, or anyone else. Receive email to say that the handset has been paid off.

27th Sept - Called to ask to speak to the guy, gave his ID number. I'm still on hold (30 minutes) having spoken (calmly) to 7 (SEVEN!) advisors from various departments. They told me in the upgrades department that they couldn't give me any deals or compensation. They told me that there is an open complaint on my account, related to my terms and conditions and handset - I haven't asked to make a complaint, and especially nothing about T's and C's or handset.The last advisor said that complaint would be actioned within 48hrs, even though I said I haven't made a complaint. I've also received an email to say 'welcome to virgin mobile' and another to say 'thanks for moving your number to virgin mobile'  Smiley Sad

I just don't know if I'm saying one thing and they're hearing another. I have been asked for my name, number, password, if I'm the account holder around 30 times in the space of 7 days. 7 times in the last hour. Though I'm still on hold, I honestly believe they're just fobbing me off.

I'm really disgusted, virgin mobile doesn't seem to value my custom at all. I've been on hold for around 5hrs in total, had assurances 5 times of a callback, been inconvenienced for 5 days where I've lost out on work.

It's really not good enough. Please can someone put me in touch with someone who can help...and I mean actually help, listen to what I have to say, not promise a callback and make me feel valued.

0 Kudos
FarJhole
Just joined
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling customer service!!

And now, having spoken to the upgrades department, they say I cannot have an S7 edge because my credit class is such that that handset is unavailable.

I asked how the credit class is rated, they said it's based on payments made on time etc. I told them that I pay by direct debit and there has never been a late payment.Which they confirmed. They said they could submit a request of change of credit class, but this would take 35 days.

So apparently, as a valued customer, paying over £30 a month, on time for the last 20 months, I cannot upgrade to the handset I want. I could however leave, and rejoin as a new customer and get the handset I want.

Ridiculous.

Awful customer service.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loads of people failing Virgin's credit system even with excellent scores. Some gone elsewhere and got what they wanted in no time. Go figure

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also there is no guarantee that you'll be accepted after 35 days or 6 months, I'd as have men mentioned consider going elsewhere 

0 Kudos