Menu
UselessCS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anyone who uses more than 4GB per month please

Virgin's terms and conditions state under "Virgin Media Mobile Acceptable Use Policy Pay Monthly and Pay Monthly SIM Only"

"Excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in your maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. We reserve the right to review these usage levels from time to time. At this reduced speed, customers will still be able to browse web pages, send/receive emails, and stream audio and video all at 3G data speeds, but peer-to-peer and large file downloads/uploads will be slower than normal."

There is no distinction given for those who pay for packages over 3.5GB i.e. the 8GB package I want. I called customer services who couldn't seem to find that paragraph located on their own website.

Can anyone confirm if this is put into practice and enforced? Customer service seem pretty useless so am looking elsewhere as well now, but just want to either avoid entirely or still consider VM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone who uses more than 4GB per month please

If you quote the whole paragraph, it usually would answer the question...

Example.

For customers on the Big Data & Texts tariff excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. Excludes all other PAYG tariffs. This policy will apply until the end of the calendar month, when it will be automatically removed. We reserve the right to review these usage levels from time to time. At this reduced speed, customers will still be able to browse web pages, send/receive emails, and stream audio and video all at 3G data speeds, but peer-to-peer and large file downloads/uploads will be slower than normal.

The TOS are wild unclear, you need to comb through for the bit pertinent to the bundle you are selecting..

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This also depends on whether we're talking about an old 3g or the new 4g tarrifs?, the 3.5g restriction only applies to the 3g Tarriffs - no restriction on the 4g tarrifs.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
UselessCS
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I got the details from here, so I'm fairly certain it would apply to the new 4G tariffs. I'm guessing it's not widely complained about and therefore not commonly known.

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#12

Thank you

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's old and unrelated to the 4g plans.
If you go here
http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/fast-4g-data-speeds.html
Scroll down to the "got questions" bit, click on the one headed "Is there a fair usage policy on 4G plans?".
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos