Menu
Halo_J
Just joined
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Anyone help? I need to recover deleted text messages from iPhone!!

Hello, Can anyone help me?

Is there a way that my deleted messages from iPhone can be recovered? Are they backed up anywhere that I don't know about? Where can I get them.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated! thanks

i have iPhone 6s, iOS 9 (I think)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Cray_Lee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Anyone help? I need to recover deleted text messages from iPhone!!

If you don't have an iTunes backup you'll have to kook into third party software that can scan your iPhone for deleted messages Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Halo_J welcome to the virginmedia community forum, this depends if you've backed up your messages etc to the i-cloud you could take a look eg -> https://www.imobie.com/support/retrieve-deleted-text-messages-on-iphone.htm
via the cloud -> http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-retrieve-deleted-text-messages-on-iphone-3636380/
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Halo_J
Just joined
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I don't have icloud Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Cray_Lee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Halo_J,

Do you by any chance have an iTunes backup?

If so you can restore your phone to that backup and your texts that were deleted may be there: iTunes Restore 

0 Kudos
Cray_Lee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you don't have an iTunes backup you'll have to kook into third party software that can scan your iPhone for deleted messages Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Fellearl
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you did not backup your iphone with iTunes or iCloud , the recovery software for iPhone users may help you retrieve the deleted data,  you can get them back in few steps. There are two popular and useful ways to make it. One way is that you can recover the data from iPhone directly. The other way is that you can recover data from iTunes backup, only if you have made the backup.

0 Kudos
Fellearl
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I think you can recover the data from iPhone directly with data recovery tool. The other way is that you can recover data from iTunes backup, only if you have made the backup.

0 Kudos
hsduunm
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Fellearl wrote:

I think you can recover the data from iPhone directly with data recovery tool. The other way is that you can recover data from iTunes backup, only if you have made the backup.

To recover the iTunes backup, your current data would be taken placed by recovered backups. So you can choose to use recovery methods to recover iphone texts.

0 Kudos
kelema
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Yes, if you have backup file of your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, the text messages will be in the backup file. You can easily restore your iPhone and recover them easily. But this will wipe all the new data from your iPhone after your backup your iPhone. So if you don't have backup file or your don't want to restore your iPhone, you can use iPhone Data Recovery software. It can scan your iPhone and iPhone backup file to find the deleted text messages for you. You can preview them and recover them from iPhone to computer easily. Learn how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone. Besides text messages, you can also recover deleted iMessages, photos, videos, contacts, voice memos, Whatsapp messages/photos, notes, reminders, calendars, voicemail, safari bookmarks/history and other deleted data from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

0 Kudos
Inever
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Generally, text messages can be backed up with either iTunes or iCloud. If you back up your iPhone, you’ll have a copy of your information to use in case your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged.
0 Kudos