Menu
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else recieve the conning letter from Virgin Mobile?

So I receive a letter from Virgin stating we have been looking at your account recently and we believe we have some good deals for you so please call us when you can so we can help.

So on Friday night I ring the number stated on the letter and look forward to my offer.

I am currently on the VIP bundle at £16.50 a month.

Now I know I am not a heavy user of calls, texts or data for that matter but I like the fact that if I do I can.

So the call starts by them telling me that unlimited does not exist anymore and the highest they can offer me is 4Gb a month. Now on the face of it that sounds fine for me so I am like ok not great so what is the new bundle?

Unlimited calls Unlimited Texts but 4Gb Data for the great price of £15 a month.

So you hack down the data and slash a whopping £1.50 a month of the cost????

I said I have 2 phones with them, all tv (which is going up £3), highest net and pretty high landline and they think £1.50 off for slashing the unlimited data is enough?

I start stating that I don't think this is a great move and she says I only used 500+ Mb in June so she could offer me the £10 deal which is £1Gb of data. I know I have used more than 1Gb for sure previous months and she starts going on about me having 152Mb at home so just use that instead!?!?!?

The most annoying thing about all this was the wording of the letter. They basically have conned me into ringing them on the assumption they were helping me out!

So don't get fooled if you have the letter arrive. Just ignore it and let them get hold of you as I don't appreciate being deceived by my suppliers!

0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else recieve the conning letter from Virgin Mobile?

Oh dear - I've had a couple from Virgin Media which I've ignored, but none from Mobile, probably because I'm still in a 24 month contract ( although near the end). 

It's the the nadir of the self service age when they expect you to ring the pushy offshore telesales teams instead of them ringing you! :-D. Sounds like you're a victim of them slashing their offering on things like data, but increasing the prices.  Been ignoring my letters as don't really want to enter another 18 month agreement on the broadband/phone/TiVo stuff.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've got one of these letters, have not phoned it yet.

From what you have said, it just looks like they are trying to get people off the old sim tarrifs and on to the new sim-only tarrifs.

For your info, they have not offered you any deal or money off, they offered you one of the new sim-only's at the standard price, as advertised in link below http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Must be honest I didn't even look myself but knew they were doing me no favours.

So my loyalty and the fact they are throwing me off my package is not even enough to get any kind of 'special' compared to someone signing up with them today.

They really are endearing themselves to customers with tricks like this and the £3 tv price rise that I have not been told about yet but just may be enough to push me to the dish.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Moved:

0 Kudos