Menu
daveh1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else been ripped off by Virgin Media and duped into purchasing a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua?

I was conned into purchasing this piece of s**t about a month ago, but because I've been in the States a couple of weeks, it has only been used a couple of times. Some of the problems are:

(1) The auto-rotate screen DOESN'T

(2) Neither of the cameras work (selecting the front camera option has disappeared and the main camera just says 'unknown error' or 'camera not available')

(3) Every day I have a notification telling me the internal memory is 85% full and to transfer data to the SD card

(4) Recieved notification of Android software upgrade but I can't download and install it because I have insufficient internal memory

(5) Can't seem to get in touch with a real human from Virgin to help me (seems that as soon as they con your hard-earned cash out of you, they hide away behind the anonymity of the Internet)

(6) Tried using Virgin's 'troubleshooting' section and that's as useful as a handbrake on a canoe!!!! - as soon as I click on the highlighted response 'still not fixed'.... it just gave up!

0 Kudos
Ana1
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else been ripped off by Virgin Media and duped into purchasing a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua?

Yes me too, got faulty device, sony m4, front camera dont work but when i called tech and tried to reset etc,they said they nothing they can do but will exchange with the new one and gave me the date they will be arrived but been waiting all day on that day but no one came so i called back,spoke to different staff,call centre in Philipine! said i cant change with the same product only with other which i will have to pay more and i just cancelled the package today,so dissappointed!
0 Kudos
daveh1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else been ripped off by Virgin Media and duped into purchasing a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua?

Yeah! looks like Virgin had a load of poor quality 'phones they needed to get rid of so now they are ripping people off with their 'attractive deals'.....Really wish I'd stuck with Vodaphone. Think I'll give Virgin mobile a LOT of free publicity!

0 Kudos
PBoakes
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This really is a poor phone. It has 1.26GB of useful memory. Why are you still promoting it. I have contacted Sony, they have not responded. Surely if you as a company contacted them they would be more inclined to sort this problem out

0 Kudos