Menu
Comp
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any chance of 4G??

Hi, All!!   New member, ( though I have been with VM since it was Diamond Cable!! )  I have Broadband, landline, and a SIM only mobile. I am thinking of upgrading my mobile phone, and have the chance of a nice, 4G-able, smartphone. I see VM only offer 4G to business customers ATM, I wonder if this is likely to alter in the foreseeable future?? As I say, I have been with VM for yonks, & don't fancy the hassle of swapping landline, broadband, etc. but do like to keep with one provider, its so much easier.

If VM are not planning on offering 4G to personal customers some time soon, I think they have taken their eye off the ball, so to speak.

Cheers,   Fred

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Any chance of 4G??

Unlikely in the short term.

I split providers when I got a 4G phone - not really a problem. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fred: the consistent answer to this from VM Forum Staff is watch this space. If it comes, it comes. VM will never give away its future plans

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unlikely in the short term.

I split providers when I got a 4G phone - not really a problem. 

0 Kudos
Comp
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, Guys, thanks for input,...  looks like I will have to try the new phone on 3G, & see how it goes  Smiley Indifferent  Ho, Hum,... Cheers, anyway, ( & thanks for the welcome!! )

0 Kudos
Comp
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, had the new phablet (Cubot H1) for a week, or so.. Used it over the weekend,  at my caravan near Southwell, internet speeds on 3G were ok'ish. This is where I will be most weekends in the summer, so will stick with it for now!! I do see the H1 has dual sim potential, so I could go that route, if needs be, but so far, so good!!

Thanks, guys!! 😁

0 Kudos