Menu
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Another roamer....

Hi peeps,

My wife and I called prior to the holiday, and got roaming turned on. Now we're out here, our handsets won't latch on to any network available.
0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another roamer....

Anyone willing to help?
0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay, have logged into my account and roaming is on. But I cannot access any mobile networks (I have a choice of Orange, Vodafone and Movistar). Will I get any help?
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Check international call barring is not enabled

0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It'd not even connecting to a network in the first place
0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that as Virgin probably has limited coverage abroad from their own network they would have to rent airtime from the established networks, which obviously they are reluctant to do. This is the only reasonable explanation in my humble opinion, unless of course you know differently?

0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Whatever the reason, it's not acceptable. I'm only lucky that I have VOIP and a decent Wifi connection.
0 Kudos
tpmchugh
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This problem has nothing to do with international barring, thats for calling out from the UK but it does not matter if its on or off. Two phones, both sim only contracts, in the same room. One is connecting, the other is not. Try to connect manually and it says 'limited connectivity'. Checked account and both numbers have roaming on. Ring 789 was the advice from the Virgin shop and also from the sticky post at the top of this forum but we did not have to ring anyone about the phone that is working. Swapped sims between phones to eliminate the possibility of a phone setting and as expected, the working sim continued to work. The only difference between the two is that the one not working ported over its old O2 number.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Call barring support help say's it will stop you from phoning while abroad as well http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=165240&CURRENT...
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sigh... even the number they give out for roaming support isn't getting picked up
0 Kudos