Menu
Walthamstow007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Another Sony M4 Aqua nightmare

When I saw the waterproof M4 Aqua, I thought, "Brilliant, that's the phone for me". How wrong was I? I got the phone, followed the instructions and the phone died within 2 weeks of ownership. I sent the phone to the Virgin repair team who said the phone had fouled up beyond all repair and they would send me a replacement. The replacement arrived and was fine for a month and then it malfunctioned again, I couldn't get the phone to come to life when pressing the power or any other button. Once again it went off to the repair team and once again it had FUBAR. The repair team said they hadn't got any M4's left so they were going to send me a replacement Sony XA, which is all well and good, but I'm left with M4 Aqua accessories that are now useless. Anyway, I said the XA would be fine, as a replacement, (I'm currently using an old Samsung that won't download any apps because it is so old!)  it couldn't be worse than the M4. The XA arrived quickly and I excitedly opened the package only to find the team had sent me a white phone. The M4 was black, why on earth did they think I would "like" a white phone when my original purchase was black? The white phone is ugly, tacky, cheap & nasty. I was never given a choice and I am now going through the long drawn out process of trying to contact the team to reject the replacement as "unacceptable". I have emailed the repair team 2 days ago and have had no reply. I have phoned 789 and been sent around the houses with various operators, who have been polite and sympathetic, but not much help. I am now waiting for one of the operators to phone me on Monday 3rd October when the technical people are at work. I'm not happy, I'm paying for a phone that I haven't got and I'm paying for a service that I can't fully utilise.  

beckrfc1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Sony M4 Aqua nightmare

sonay m4 sim card fisconects my prob with it was told it be working to day with new sim card im just about to phone get run around

0 Kudos
Walthamstow007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with that.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Walthamstow007,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with getting your phone exchanged. I appreciate that this is not the level of service we would expect to provide and it's understandable that you're unhappy with the situation.

Checking on this, I can see that you called in over the weekend, but our team wasn't able to sort this out for you because our supplier was closed. Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789, so that we can get in touch with the replacement supplier to see if we can get you a black handset.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi beckrfc1,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you have had a problem with your Sony M4 mobile. Has the new SIM card worked for you?

If you are still having problems, please let me know so that I can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Walthamstow007
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I was told by "Eric", that Someone would contact me today. Time is rapidly running out for this call to take place..... 

0 Kudos
Walthamstow007
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I received the sim cards for myself and my family, but after another call to 789, my wife was told not to use the new sim cards as this would not help. She was given instructions on how to change the settings in "Mobile Networks". This hasn't helped, we still have to go into the garden, or the loft to get anything resembling a decent signal.

0 Kudos
Walthamstow007
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

After realising that "Eric" was just paying lip-service yesterday when he said someone would call me, I decided to call 789. At 15:50 today I got through to "Carlos", told him about the issues I've been having, he said he would put me on hold and contact the repairs department for me. After being on hold for 5 minutes, Carlos came back to me and said he is still trying to get through to the repairs department and would I still like to hold, I said I would and was put back on hold again. After a further 10 minutes on hold I decided to give up and go shopping before the shops closed and I have still not had a reply to the email I sent to the repairs department. The customer service I have received so far is poor, in fact it has been non-existent. I would bet a pound to a penny that if I cancelled my direct debit Virgin would be in contact with me immediately, they'd be all over me like a rash. What do you suggest I do now, keep trying 789 until I finally lose the will to live? At the present, I am not very impressed with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Walthamstow007,

I'm sorry that you didn't receive a call back as promised and that this has not been sorted out for you due to the line being busy getting through to our supplier.

I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation in which you are understandably unhappy with the situation as this is not the level of service expected.

If you have raised a formal complaint by calling or writing in to us (please see Contact Us: www.virginmedia.com/contactus > Something else > Making a complaint > Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice for these details) and have not come to a satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks, there are other options you can take, as outlined in our Code of Practice.

If you would like to escalate your concerns to us then please get in touch following those methods to allow us to deal with your complaint.

I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Walthamstow007
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Terri. It's nothing personal, all I want is a black phone that works......

0 Kudos