Menu
hcb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Another EU Travel Pass access issue

Having looked through the community boards I have noticed this is a very common occurrence yet haven't actually found an answer to the problem.

I am currently in Vienna - checked and got confirmation that my account was set up for roaming before I left, bought a 250mb Travel Pass via text once here, had confirmation this had gone through and can see it on my account, double/tripled checked that my account and phone settings all say data roaming is on (and International call barring is off), even got my husband to check thinking I'd done something wrong - 2 days later, I still can't use it. And, no, I can't phone Virgin about it until I get back to the UK, which obviously defeats the object of buying it in the first place.

I'm only here for another night so seems little point in getting this sorted now, and will just stick to using the rubbish hotel Wi-Fi when I'm there, but can anyone tell me why this is a problem and how it can be resolved?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another EU Travel Pass access issue

Hi hcb

Thanks for taking the time to pop by to us with your EU travel pass query.

I am sorry this hadn't activated at the time you posted to us, and I do appreciate that this was a time sensitive issue due to the nature of your trip duration.

I can see that the pass activated fully on your account later on, on the same day you posted to us.

This kind of request can take up to 1 working day to process fully (bearing in mind there was a bank holiday that week too in the UK), so my apologies that this took longer than anticipated. If the pass had been booked by yourself at any point from the 29th May onwards (a Sunday) it would have cleared on your account by Tuesday the 31st or at the latest Wednesday 1st June, which is what happened.

I know you mentioned you purchased the data pass when you got there, but if you could let us know which date this was purchased as that may help us look into this further for you.

I do hope that despite this hiccup, you had a lovely time while you were away.

Please let us know, and if there's anything else we can help with, just give us a shout Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mebby
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another EU Travel Pass access issue

This always happens to me when i go abroad too - virgin network abroad is very poor and i always end up trying to ring them using someone else's phone to sort it out. They need to look into this as it is poor compared to other networks

0 Kudos