Menu
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Annoying VM Text Messages

Although I've just moved to VirginMedia Mobile, despite a PAC not smoothly, having used mobile phones from early analogue days, I like to think I would be able to administer my account settings.

However I keep receiving irritating and annoying text messages.  I don't need to be informed of 'useful' apps, how to use the account, status of my account, etc. every other day !

Although headed Virgin Media, will not accept a reply STOP text.  Can't find any privacy settings on the account pages.  I've phoned Customer Services (789) three times.  They always (policy) find it difficult to understand my complaint, why I don't just delete, finally say they will send an internal email and it will stop.

WELL IT HASN'T STOP.

Its become irritating enough that I may move you have defaulted on the privacy conditions of the contract and cancel.

I'd very much like to get this sorted as I'm otherwise satisfied generally with the service, despite still trying to sort out the completion of PAC.

pdfbt40
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoying VM Text Messages

Do you have a login for controlling your account via the web? There may be a setting in there that must be different for my account.

I receive a text from Virgin once a month to tell me that my account has been refreshed, and once every six months or so with a "special offer". It's not intrusive enough for me to get upset about it, but your situation sounds very intrusive.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gorf,

Yes I have no problem logging onto my account on the web, but as I said
"Can't find any privacy settings on the account pages. "

Not even any way to contact Customer Service by email or chat. The quantity and quality of FAQ/Help there is pathetic.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

.... and today's text, the THIRD reminder about call charge changes on July 1st !!!!!
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to look into whether it's even legal to send unsolicited texts without the option to opt out.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Even really bad sources have unsubscribe lis from email or on website.
As well as replying STOP to sort code texts, Vodafone had a VSpam destination you could forward annoying text to.

What's VM Mobile got - nothing I've tried works !
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

According to OFCOM

It is against the law for anyone to send you spam texts unless you have previously given them permission.

However, if there is an existing customer relationship between you and the sender, it can send you spam text messages about similar products and services, as long as you are given the ability to opt out of receiving such messages.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gorf

I'll try phoning VM again tomorrow. Unfortunately though it seems I can talk to a call cente in the Phillipines, they can't get an email back to whoever in the UK.

Meanwhile, anybody from the Forum Team want to comment??
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I have to admit the pestering seems to have stopped.
No texts from VM since 10/6/15.
I wonder what finally stopped them?
pdfbt40
0 Kudos