Menu
Toon1977
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Annoyed.....my travel data package didn't work in the Republic or Ireland

Pretty annoyed actually this is what happened,

I phoned up the Saturday to ask what I should do if I want to use the internet whilst in the ROI as I didn't want to rack up a huge phone bill they advised us to pay for a data package so I went for the 250mb for £20..Great...so I text BUY 250MB to 23456 and was promtly told it was active.

So I try it on Meteor, enable my data, enable International Roaming then try it, NOTHING didn't work at all, I phone the help number & it simply beeped once and cut me off?!!? I rebooted my device and repeated previous steps still nothing

Then I try it on O2 & Vodafone Ireland exactly the same steps & still the same outcome!

I ended up in a Vodafone shop in Castlebar County Mayo, told him what I was trying to do & he said I should be able to get on Vodafone he tried it and exactly the same thing happened NOTHING!

So in my angst and annoyance I found a wifi cafe and tried to find something online.....BUT THE WEBSITE WAS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE!

ANNOYED UPSET AND PEEVED! WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoyed.....my travel data package didn't work in the Republic or Ireland

Hi Toon1977,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for the problems caused while you were in the Republic of Ireland. It sounds like roaming may not be enabled on the phone.

So we can get this looked into, give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jake5912
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoyed.....my travel data package didn't work in the Republic or Ireland

I had the same problem in France.i was a full week without a phone when I got back I called 789 they might have well said "what do you want us to do about it". Massively unhelpful ..
0 Kudos