Menu
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Android Phone Sending Individual Text to more than one Contact

I have been advised to post this in the Android Forum to see if anyone is experiencing the same issue and has a solution. Originally posted in the Mobile Forum

Hi there, I have recently upgraded from Sony Xperia to HTC M8s. I used the HTC Transfer App to transfer all of my contacts, emails, texts etc from the Sony to my new HTC.

All has been well until a few weeks ago. I sent a friend a Text Message (selected him individually from the address book) and when I sent the text, there was only his details in the "To" box. I got replies to this text from other people in my address book who had also received this same text (this could be quite dangerous if the wrong person reads a text not intended for them). It appears that this text had sent to about 6 people in total.

Another instance, yesterday I sent a Group Text to my Mum, Dad and Brother. My mum and brother sent replies which seem to be fine. Got a reply from my Dad which I thought was all fine until I replied. It sent my reply to my Dad, also my Mum and another person in my Address Book !!!!!!

This is really annoying and as I said could be very dangerous.

I have searched the Web and there are a few posts about the same issue but no-one seems to have found a resolution. I am using the Standard Message App on the phone. I have tried deleting the contacts it seems to be having problems with and re-instating them manually but the problem persists. I am now very anxious about sending texts as I cannot be sure who they are going to.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllpppppppp​pppppppp

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android Phone Sending Individual Text to more than one Contact

Hi Hexigan,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue with texting numbers. I replied to your previous thread with a query regarding the contacts. Are the contacts Phone contacts, Sim Contacts or Google contacts? Let me know as soon as you can.

I'm here if you need me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

I did reply to the original post and mistakenly posted aain (meant to post it in the android forum as someone suggested).

Anyway, the contacts are Phone Contacts. It seems to be happeng with contacts I have previously sent group texts to (on my old phone). Coincidentally, it has happened again today. Sent a text to a mate and his reply shows 4 other contacts on the recipient list. Also, my original text is not visible in the "thread", just shows his reply.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hexigan,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm afraid I'm not too sure what's happened here. It sounds like the groups may have been grouped together when the texts have moved over. Are you able to delete the texts and the contacts and  re-add the contacts to see if this helps?

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hexigan,

How are you getting on with this?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

I have deleted all contacts and all text messages from my phone and then reinstated my contacts from the SIM. The problem still exists and is driving me mad.

I have now installed a 3rd party sms app (messenger) as a few posts on the web hint that it is a problem with the stock sms app.

Will wait and see how it goes. So far after one day with the new sms app, messages seem only to be going where they're intended. Fingers crossed

Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Hexigan Smiley Happy 

Glad to hear you potentially discovered the problem.

Please let me know if you have any other queries relating to this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos