Menu
JDavidJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Android Pay will not start

I've installed Android Pay, but when click on the icon to start it, I get the message: "Account action required. To use Android Pay, action is needed on your Google Account. Check your device notifications for more info."

There are no notifications.

I have checked my Google account but there is nothing helpful there.

I have checked the Applications Manager on the phone, but there is nothing helpful there, under Google or under Android Pay.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Android Pay several times, and guess what ... no help.

I have looked on the websites for Android, Android Pay, Google, and Virgin Mobile. I seem to be the only person who admits to having this problem. Does anyone admit to having the solution?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Android Pay will not start

What phone is it? You should be able to locate the latest standard firmware for the phone and flash it via Samsung's Odin software.

It will not void you warranty or root your phone

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you a NFC chip in your phone, it's a prerequisite
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All so you need to check as all banks and all cards are not supported, you seem to think it's a phone issue somehow, also I doubt it but if your phone has an unlocked boot loader, non standard Android operating system or Cyanogem os it won't work
0 Kudos
JDavidJ
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

My phone is the standard software - Android 5.1.1, and I've done nothing to it such as rooting.

My bank says that it supports Android pay, and I already have one card registered on Google. However the VirginMobile version of this Android is not particularly good (whether that is Virgin's or Samsung's fault I have no way of knowing) so perhaps it is something they've done. I see from several chat  threads that I'm not the only one with the problem, but none of the offered solutions work for me.

I'll just have to carry my card with me.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What phone is it? You should be able to locate the latest standard firmware for the phone and flash it via Samsung's Odin software.

It will not void you warranty or root your phone

JDavidJ
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip, but my phone is only about two months old, and has already recieved at least one major software update (in addition to the numerous app updates each couple of weeks). I am not going to interfere outside my area of competence. Whoever would make money out of me using Android Pay will have to do without my contribution until the software is reliable.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you uninstalled Pay and then re-installed the latest version. I notice mine has had a couple of updates recently

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You failed to mention NFC, if you phone does not have (all new phones don't on higher end models) Android pay will never work

Near field communication, the chip that speaks to the machine to pay Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

According to Google

https://support.google.com/androidpay/issuers/table/7018967?hl=en

The cause of the error is:

Action required on Google account before launching Android Pay app (i.e. account is expired or deleted)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos