Menu
sopes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

An apology, that's all I want.

How hard is it for somebody at VirginMedia to admit that theyy have made an error.  Since September I have been trying to tell you that I do not have a mobile account with you.  Having been threatened with debt collectors in the last letter on 6th January and having to phone the Phillipines yet again on an 0345 number, I was promised that somebody would ring me to sort the problem out.  Surprise, surprise nothing has been heard.  So today I ring again and after insisting that I want to speak to the complaints department I am given an 0800 number to ring.  I spoke to a very nice man called Ronald ( still not convinced it was in the UK) and after a very nice conversation he confirmed that I would not receive any more letters. Having bee told this on the past four times I have phoned I asked for a letter of confirmation.  Ronnald spoke to his supervisor, who said he could e.mail me, which he said he had done. On opening the email all I've got is the template sorry your leaving us letter confirming that the account will be closed in thirty days and that any money owed will be taken by direct debit.  This has got to be the worst customer service in the world.  JUST A LETTER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: An apology, that's all I want.

Hi sopes

Just to confirm have you ever had a number with us and cancelled this?
or
Are you claiming that you have no knowledge that a mobile account existed in your name
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
sopes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Long story, but all relating to a mobile phone offer made by your sales team last September, which I was unable to take up due to my existing contract not finishing until December.  Rang as told by salesman and as requested in paperwork on the Monday following the offer, to be told I had to take delivery of the phone first which I didn't want to do as I felt it committed me to the account.  Was told this was not the case, but they had to have a contract number in order to cancel the contract and this could only happen if I took delivery of the phone and then immediately returned it.. They said they would enclose a pre-paid sticker with the phone, which did not arrive so I had to ring again.  This time they sent the wrong one but the Post Office agreed to honour it.  Shortly afterwards I received the first letter saying I owed you money, rang again, told there had been a mistake and that contract was defintely cancelled.  Since then on a regular basis I have had letters and made phone calls 0345 to the Phillipines and on each occasion until January told that the account was definitely cancelled although it had since been changed from a monthly contract to a Sim only.  Then on 6th January I received a letter threatening debt collectors.  Spoke to a young man called Kirt and insisted that I wanted somebody to ring me back to sort this finally.  Nothing heard so rang again today again to the Phillipines and asked to speak with the complaints department as advised on your web site.  Was told this was not possible, but eventually was given an 0800 number (still not convinced this wasn't the Phillipines) and spoke to a very nice young man called Ronald.  The outcome of this is that he also confirmed that I should not have been receiving these letters and that the account was definitely cancelled.  I asked for written confirmation and after checking with his supervisor he told me that he would send an email immediately.  What did I get? Your standard 'sorry you're leaving us'.  No I'm not leaving you, I've never been with you for my mobile phone.  I would like a copy of this to be sent to Mark Davidson, Executive Director, Customer Care, or an e.mail address so that I can send it to him direct.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sopes

I do fully understand where your coming from with this.

From my personal experience working in cancelations the process should be relatively straight forward.

The process should be.

You either accept the handset and send it in the pre paid packaging Virgin sent you. Once this is booked in by the warehouse then the account should in effect collapse and cancel off. You must have e-signed or electronically signed the loan agreement in order for the handset to be dispatched. ( if we are talking September 2015 ) . If you didn't sign for the loan agreement the handset would never have got to you.

Alternatively you could have refused delivery of the handset which takes about the same amount of time and then the agreement again cancels down and then the that's done.

If when you returned the handset you said to the advisor you didn't want to continue the service then account should have cancelled off. Which from what your saying it hasn't in order the bills to continue to the point of debt collection which is rather strange.

The questions I would ask are

Have Virgin confirmed that the handset is returned back?

Has the balance been removed from the account?

If so , is the account now pulled back from the debt agency?

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
sopes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Haven't ever signed anything electronically or other.

Virgin acknowledged verbally that phone had been returned, used tracked posting .

Have no idea if balance has been removed from account or if debt agency has been withdrawn, certainly not according to letter received on 6th January.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sopes,

I want to get to the bottom of this for you.

I've sent you a PM with further info so I can look into this Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos