Menu
VMcD1976
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Am unable to upgrade my phone online - why??

I have 2 mobile phones in my name through Virgin Media Mobile for the past year.  (we also pay for a landline, TV package and broadband) Everything has been fine with the phones but I find using the Virgin Media Mobile site a nightmare to use and I’m not interested in phoning an advisor to get assistance with what I want to do when I should be able to do it online – the option is there.

The 2nd phone I have in my name is being used by my husband.  We are both on pay monthly contracts and I like to keep an eye on usage etc by going onto our accounts a few times a month and also making card payments to keep costs down at the end of the month.  My husband is due an upgrade since the end of 2015 and every time I try to do this upgrade online I get to the check out with the phone we want and the site either tells me we are not currently Virgin Media customers or the site crashes.  This is becoming increasingly frustrating and at this point we are considering moving to another provider.

The website crashes when I try to use it at home or at work so its not an issue with my pc or internet connection. 

Why does this keep happening? I work 5 sometimes 6 days a week, long hours and its not always possible for me to spend hours on the phone sorting this kind of stuff out.  Why give customers the option to upgrade online but then not follow it through?

Someone from Virgin Media Mobile contacting me to find a resolution would be great because joining this forum is my last attempt to sorting this out!

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am unable to upgrade my phone online - why??

Hi VMcD1976,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble upgrading through your account. There may be something with your online account causing this. So we can get to the bottom of this for you, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get this sorted for you. We're not able to upgrade you via the forum I'm afraid.

I promise we'll get it all done for you as quick as possible Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am unable to upgrade my phone online - why??

Hi VMcD1976,

How are you getting on with changing your tariff currently?

Please let me know if you need anything from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos