Menu
joule772
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

All Done! You're now on 4G - sms texts won't stop, virgin is spamming me :-(

I switched over to a 4g package in January and I got a confirmation sms text to say when it had been activated (useful thanks) but I am now getting the same sms text everyday. I've tried calling and Crystal said it would be escalated but nothing has happened. Anyone else had this problem or know how to get Virgin to stop spamming me with incorrect messages?

I've attached screenshots of the first and yesterdays messages. There are over 20 :-(

Thanks

All done, first one or two was useful.All done, first one or two was useful.All done? No, that was last month and surely not twice a day.All done? No, that was last month and surely not twice a day.

0 Kudos
MaverickRhino
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: All Done! You're now on 4G - sms texts won't stop, virgin is spamming me :-(

Hi

Had exactly the same thing, reported it but had little faith that the escalation would get me anywhere based on the conversation with the call centre. As expected the promised call back with an update never happened.

However the problem did vanish after 30 days had passed on the SIM only contract. This could be because they fixed it, I expect its more likely that the contract refreshed after 30 days and cleared the issue. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: All Done! You're now on 4G - sms texts won't stop, virgin is spamming me :-(

Hi joule772

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with receiving this text recently.

I'd like to take a closer look at your account and potentially raise this to our IT team to investigate, I've not been able to locate your account using your forum details to that though unfortunately.

So I can take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos