Menu
samered65
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After trying for hours( 36+), but no progress, to comm. Virgin ++ ways, is OK Block Acc.?

My partner has had enough, so I am on this forum as a last ditch attempt, before broadband, land-line, Tivo TV & not forgetting my lack of Mobile & or sim card all go by the way till alternatives are acquired. I surely should receive at least a replacement SIM in less than the 4 days min I'm looking at. I don't believe that will happen as no automated service for this unwanted need is an option. I'm sure the automatic phone number blocking service activated with only my phone & maybe a stranger, besides me, losing out. How do you deal with a communication service that literally doesn't; 36hrs up coming: still no service on varied free/paying phone numbers. My partner will be sorting out account blocking & alternate, certainly cheaper services. £60+ each month. A very bad joke. No humour, resentment near critical-point of no return in sight:-less than 12 hrs unless real contact, immediate realtime & with no more wasted life for this. Corresponding via written mail, a last, not for long resort. I will be more than happy to reclaim that £65 taken per/month out of our household.For what? Virgin Media ok, but we're paying for absent services, phones = £20+ per month Please HELP NOW!

or..  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: After trying for hours( 36+), but no progress, to comm. Virgin ++ ways, is OK Block Acc.?

Hi samered65,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you're not happy with our services.

To be honest I'm having some difficulties understanding what problems you're experiencing from your post.

Could you please advise me what the exact issues you're have using your Virgin mobile are and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
samered65
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: After trying for hours( 36+), but no progress, to comm. Virgin ++ ways, is OK Block Acc.?

Well I lost my mobile & after trying to get through to virgin using the land-line (also Virginmeadia- Broadband|TV-Tivo|land-line,- bundle) I eventually reported it lost/stolen online, as though the land-line phone worked, not to any Virgin Official free or (0345) paying numbers. I was informed by email that "Our 'team' will get on blocking yor SIM asap - so no need to worry!"

After trying to no avail at getting a replacement SIM organised online, I eventually had to ask a visitor to call Virgin mobile on their mobile with the 0345 6000 789 number.This was 3-4 days after I recieved the email informing me that my lost SIM was being blocked. ThoughI was promptly informed when I got through tha no actionhad been taken, though she, the person on the helpline would now block my SIM & send out a replacement. This arrived yesterday; a week after I recieved the email sayig all wa inhand,

I asked the person at the mobile helpline if she could transfer me to someone on the virginmedia helpline, regarding the land-line fault. This she did, saying that my new SIM would arrive in 3-4 days & required 'activating' before use.

Ater brief introduction & desctriptionof the problem I asked theperson I now spoke to to please cal me back on the virgin land-line as; 1) I had sed a substantial wegde of a friends talk time already on their mobile. 2) the probklem relevant was wuith said land-line. I was indeed shortly called back o the land-line. I was told that t must e some sort f ault on the line that alowed one to make &/or ecieve ant calls EXCEPT those of any kind Virgin Moile numbers or any virginmedia numbers whatsoever.

He then after I explained the peculiar fact that only any & all virgin numbers were out of order,  with an air of bemusement said it must be a fault on the line again & asked to put me on hold; not waiting for any affrmation of course. I have some call centre training, so know how it should be, or not; I am tolerant & waited hoefully for resolution or the confirmation that something would happen to resolve this. I then heard a voice informing me that "The other person has cleared the line". Hmm! I waited for some time in hope that I was misunderstanding this message, then hung up- still hoping that whoever lost the call would, knowing that I could not call back to try & resolve the problem to a satisfactory level. No dice.

I don't want to explan/describe howmuch time I have wasted, trying to use the 'onine services'. Not being able to get into the Virgin Mobile account,being paramount. The SIM card arrived yesterday,but I bang my head against the 'login to your account' procedure', from various angles. Nothing but a sore head & lost time with still no SIM activation. It took seconds to verify, with the same account details, calling Virgin Mobile last Monday on the vistors moblie phone-0345 600 789. I will go to the nearest pubic phone box at 1st light & using the number just listed, I hope, get my new SIM activated. I will then have to use all my talk time to call virginmedia about no service on the land-line.

If i don't get reasonable service for the nearly £60 given to virgin each month, tomorrow, after 10 days of negligently uncaring wasting of my time & effort It will be too much. What contract will hold up? Spending ?? money in a public phone box will e the last straw. I hope it uis resolved. Though cheaper providers are willing to give much more. The £10 + £45-50 a month is expensive.Monday we see if the same can cost £20 less, easy I think. your premiums fall way short of the service. will you make it easy?

0 Kudos
samered65
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, me back again, went to local public phone & of course it is out of order. Gave up for today & now start another week with no phone. A breakthrough is essential tomorrow, I'm paying for this!?! Activating my replacement SIM should be easy; only you & I know the number while it's still locked; cmon please; can't login to account or get through on my virgin land line: This itself needs sorting out. How do I get help when this forum is my only "interactive" contact point- & then barely. No helpful advice even so far. ???😱 what am I paying for again? Please help & advise me, thankyou
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi samered65

I am very sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment and I'd like to help to get this resolved.

I've sent you information in a private message regarding this, you can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos