Menu
chrispy1
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activate sim instructions - a bit vague.

You did use your old sim to send READY to 789678. When I did my wife's got a reply within a few minutes
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

PeterFM wrote:

I'm having problems too. When I send READY to 789678 I get error message 'Not Delivered'. I logged into my account and activated from the page but have no idea if the new SIM has actually been activated.

I did all this yesterday afternoon so might need to be a bit more patient but I hate being in no-man's land like this.

Hi PeterFM,

has your old SIM deactivated?

Have you installed your new SIM in your phone? Have you been periodically rebooting it to see if it becomes "live" and connects to the Virgin Mobile network?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
ukgg
Joining in
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Agree that the whole process is not well designed. Interesting to compare this with how well the phone itself takes account of real humans.

No number printed on the Sim card makes it hard when you ordered two. And giving a web address that then doesnt have a clear action button is also not a good example of service design

UnhappyL
Joining in
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

How long are you supposed to wait for the old sim to receive this text? 36 hours and counting is pretty unreasonable. 

The only reason I even have an old VM sim is because my first sim I bought supposedly didn't work and you've now sent me a new one. I've spoken to customer service way too many times for a network I've been with for 10 days, 10 days in which I have been paying for data I'm not getting. And the customer service team don't seem to have any knowledge of what's actually wrong. 

The 'activate' website link just goes through to the generic help home page so that's beyond the realms of 'vague', the new sim doesn't trigger a pin request so presumably it's not set up already and now I'm awaiting this text to deactivate an old sim that it's not even clear was ever activated. 

If the next customer service call doesn't fix it, I'm calling it a day and finding a new network. 

0 Kudos
chrispy1
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I only waited minutes.

You did send the message using the old sim?

0 Kudos
spiderman2
Joining in
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I contacted you earlier ref ; difficulty  re sim *2  please hold off from cancelling while a friend has  a try to rectify the problem.  John Brannigan (your system refuses to accept my real name)   Spiderman2  seems acceptable to your system. OK.    since Sept last.  Thank You  Spiderman2  alius John Brannigan.    PS  You CHAT is of no use whatsoever.  

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
GoldenOldie51
Joining in
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activate sim instructions - a bit vague, plus...

Hi all

After reading your messages about the new free SIM card being vague, I'm now a bit wary if to replace my old SIM with the new free 4GB. Especially as there is a 24hr plus activation delay.  What if I'm out (lone female driver) and break down? What are the chances of calling someone if you can't use your phone as there's 'no network' coverage and people are unable to get in touch with you too!  I have to agree with most of the comments, this is not very well thought through and as one of the largest suppliers of TV/Phone/Broadband and Mobile, Virgin should hang their head in shame. There are more questions than answers and not very clear instructions unless you are clued up and able to search online for help.

As my 30 day period is close to ending without installing/activating the new 4GB SIM, will my old SIM be automatically de-activated?

0 Kudos