Menu
ryan1892
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Activate Sim/ Security Answer

Hi I just switched to Virgin Mobile from O2 and I am now trying to activate my new sim - the problem I have is that the website is asking for a security answer without telling me the question. It took 2&1/2 weeks to receive the sim so I'm not sure what answer I gave. And I can't ring virgin as my sim is not activated yet! Any help would be much appreciated
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activate Sim/ Security Answer

Hi Ryan1892

Your security question will be the word that you give to the agent when you speak to them over the phone. Give that a go and see if it allows you to continue to the next stage. 

All Replies
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ryan1892

Your security question will be the word that you give to the agent when you speak to them over the phone. Give that a go and see if it allows you to continue to the next stage. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ryan1892,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're experiencing a problem with activating your new SIM card. It's great to see that @Lurcherlover has been able to jump in with some helpful advice about this issue. Did this work for you?

If you're still having a problem with activating your SIM card, please let me know and I can look into this for you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

siskorhodes
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ive just got my virgin mobile sim only pack and asking me for answer too didnt buy through virgin website so didnt set one up rofl

johnathon rhodes
0 Kudos
siskorhodes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what if didnt set up a security question as bought from external supplier lol

johnathon rhodes
0 Kudos