Menu
stujacko11
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Activate EE 3G signal

When I got an iPhone 5 a few years ago there was something i had to do on my phone to make it accept EE 3G instead of just saying that it is connected and then not doing anything.

My mum's now got a 5C and I think it needs the same thing to be done but i'll be damned if i can find on here what it is that needs to be done.

Can someone help me out please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activate EE 3G signal

Hi stujacko11,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to with regards to getting your phone to accept 3G signals.

Are you experiencing issues with 3G at the moment? 

Could you explain the problems you are facing so I might better assist you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
stujacko11
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Stephen.

I'll try to explain what's occurring.

I got an iPhone5 whenever it was it came out, and I thought 3G was just a bit dodgy, then i realised it was only not working when it was showing an EE signal/carrier at the top. I'm pretty sure i looked up online what was happening and changed a setting of some sort on my phone and it started working fine, and still does.

My mum's now bought an iPhone 5C and has got the same problem as i had, and thrust the phone my way to get me to fix it. I can't find any sign of what I did, nor what i need to do, to make it work.

Does that help at all?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stujacko11,

Thanks for your reply.

What you've explained is not something I'm familiar with. I'm not sure which setting may have been changed.

Do you and your mum both use Virgin? If so is her 3G performing worse than yours?

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
stujacko11
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, we're both on Virgin. My 3G is working fine at all times. However my mums only works when the carrier shows Virgin at the top. When it shows EE, it says 3G but when you try to use it, the phone thinks it has 3G and after a while says that there is no internet connection. I remember this was a problem on mine and I'm sure that I had to make some alteration to a setting to make the phone accept using the EE signal but that's all I can remember.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stujacko11,

Thanks for your reply.

Looking around on the Apple forums a manual network selection is mentioned as a possible solution for this type of issue.

Usually to accomplish this simply follow the steps below.

settings > carrier > untick the auto and select the carrier name

If this doesn't help I would suggest calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a look at your mums phone for you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stujacko11,

I didn't hear back from you.

I was wondering if you managed to get this sorted.

Let me know if you need anything

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos