Menu
lewis123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Account suspended and can't call 789 to unlock (recording says to call 789?)

My phone has been working ok via WiFi but mobile data hasn't been working today and a txt message failed to be sent. When I tried making an outgoing call this afternoon I got a recorded message that my account has been suspended & to call 789 to resolve however when I did call 789 I get the same 'call 789 to resolve' message! Can you explain what has happened & put my account back to normal please?

I tried Chat with 'Mobile > Account & Billing' for over 2 hours but no agent was available,I did 'chat' to a Virgin Media employee who told me they couldn't help & to wait for Virgin Mobile.

As its now Saturday just after 5pm it looks like I'll be going without a telephone service for 2 days

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account suspended & can't call 789 to unlock (recording says to call 789!!??)

Use another phone and call 0345 6000 789. That will get you customer services

0 Kudos
lewis123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account suspended & can't call 789 to unlock (recording says to call 789!!??)

Plan of action: I'm going to try calling 0800 9522040 using Skype via wifi, because:

• This is listed as the alternative 0800 on the Which website for 789:

http://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/broadband/free-calls-to-your-phone-or-broadband-provider/

• 0800 calls via Skype are free
  • My phone connects ok to the internet via wifi
lewis123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep my plan worked, contacted Customer Services ok, was advised account suspended due to the DD being cancelled, advisor reinstated DD & account was unbarred, was advised to wait 30 mins to 24 hrs for account to be up & running again (I need to restart phone for this to take affect). NB Just logged into bank account online & DD showing active & ok so must of been an issue at Virgin Mobile's end??!!

This is the start of a second day without having Absolute 90s radio station to listen to and I'm getting proper tetchy over the slightest thing so let's hope this works

Food for thought: Maybe I should switch my Virgin cable broadband to another company - one which uses a landline - in case I get cut off in future but then still have a phone I could use in an emergency.

0 Kudos
lewis123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FYI Just restarted my phone, sent a text & made an outbound call; turned off Wifi & Radioplayer app/ Absolute 90's works ok via Mobile Daa - seems to be resolved & back to normal

but because this is clearly systemic failure it has dented my confidence in Virgin Mobile

0 Kudos