Menu
bob60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Accessing voicemail from overseas

Hi

I am in Greece where I live in the summer. I am unable to access my voicemail as it asks for a PIN no. I have never been asked for this before so don't have one. It says to press the * key and they will send one with a text. I have tried this 6 times and still no text.

I have also been trying to find my area code on my e bill, I cannot see it anywhere, where is it?

I have spent 4 hours today trying to sort this mess. Even logging into my account did not work as my password was no longer valid so I had to change that. Have they changed the system?

Virgin Customer Services are a disgrace, we are not even able to send them an email, chat just does not work. The only option is to ring them, but what about if you are overseas on holiday? Absolutely hopeless.

0 Kudos
bob60
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing voicemail from overseas

Does anybody from Virgin even bother to read and reply to the posts on these forums, or is it just another waste of time?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Too access voicemail abroad or from another phone, you need too set up a pin number
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

Too set up a voicemail pin is usually done before going away
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=41895&CURRENT_...

Sorry I can't give any more help :-(
It can take a couple off days for help too come along from staff.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
bob60
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

How come one of the moderators hasn't even bothered to reply after all this time? They have replied to other threads on here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bob60,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties retrieving your voice mail while abroad.

I can see teabag has been helping you out which is great.

I couldn't really elaborate any more than what teabag has already advised. As was mentioned the PIN number is normally set up before going away.

I would recommend calling our mobile team on +447953967967 or alternatively on 0044 345 600 789 so we can take a look at this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bob60
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply

I have been on a Virgin mobile contract for more than 10 years and in all of that time I haver never had to enter a PIN, even from overseas.

Is this something new set up by VIrgin?

How come we cannot e-mail customer services?

For people who are not in the UK it is inconvenient and expensive to ring customer services from abroad.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bob60,

Thanks for getting back to meSmiley Happy

Appreciate it can be inconvenient to call at times. We are always reviewing the ways in which our customers can get in touch with us. Iv'e included a link here to our contact us page for future reference.

Regarding setting a PIN up for voice mail, as far as I was aware this is something that has been in place for a while possibly from the start. I know I needed to set one up when I signed up a while back.

Many thanks.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos