Menu
tw99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Access to free wifi via Windows Phone ?

My family has a couple of Windows phones.. is there any way they can benefit from Virgin's free access to The Cloud etc, since there's no native "Wifi Buddy" app for Windows phones yet ?   E.g. by manually logging in somehow using virgin credentials ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to free wifi via Windows Phone ?

Hi tw99,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your query.

Access to WiFi buddy is only available via the app. There is no way to login manually I'm afraid.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tw99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

It would be great if you could produce a Windows phone app then ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tw99,

That would be very handy in your case.

If we do update this at any point we'll be sure to put up a post here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
monkenstien
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hanks for this question and answer, i am presuming that to allow such a facility our option to sign up to it allows virgin media to somehow use part of the wifi signal of my home. If i am not to benefit from it in any way due to the lack of support for Windows phones it would seem selfishly logical that i should no longer allow my router to be used. It would have been nice to have been informed of this lack of support for a growing operating system and understand it all comes down to chasing money, such a shame we have a company that claims pioneering services but only does it a little it would seem. I see from the mobile store that they bow to the god that is Apple but i am fortunately wise enough not to believe that my life is empty, come on VM get with it, it's not that hard to do, i don't care about Tv access on my phone because i don't watch it and only have glorified wifi but as prices are increasing i want to see value for my money.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ monkenstien

Have you tried setting up "WiFi Sense" on the phone.

https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/windows-phone/3563/windows-phone-tip-wi-fi-sense

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos