Menu
Gazzeroo54
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Abroad in Spain

Hi, I am currently in Spain with my partner. Neither of us can gat a connection with a provider. We are both on monthly contracts on my account. My phone was on roaming when we arrived, I have put my partners on roaming since we arrived (over 36 hrs) thrum my online account. We have Internet access thru wifi at our villa.  I have tried a hard reboot but do not know how to do a manual roam! I am a bit concerned as we are unable to contact our families. Please help if you can.

regards Gazzeroo

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Abroad in Spain

If your phones are Android then it will be something like Settings>Wireless&networks>Mobile networks>Network operators

You also need to switch off "International call barring", online in your account online where you switched "Roaming" on.

And if you also want your mobile data to work in Spain, then you need Settings>Wireless&networks>Mobile networks>Data roaming switched on in settings on the handset. However data roaming can be expensive if you don't have an EU roaming package. So only switch it on if you need it. Free Wi-Fi in your hotel is a much better idea.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If your phones are Android then it will be something like Settings>Wireless&networks>Mobile networks>Network operators

You also need to switch off "International call barring", online in your account online where you switched "Roaming" on.

And if you also want your mobile data to work in Spain, then you need Settings>Wireless&networks>Mobile networks>Data roaming switched on in settings on the handset. However data roaming can be expensive if you don't have an EU roaming package. So only switch it on if you need it. Free Wi-Fi in your hotel is a much better idea.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Roaming data does not work unless you purchase a pass.  Information HERE

0 Kudos
Gazzeroo54
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator