Menu
Originalblondie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Abroad and roaming not working!

Hi,

HELP Please allow me to roam!  I rang 789 a few days ago while in the uk and the automated system said I was set up for roaming and didn't need to do anything else.  I've now arrived in India and my phone has no service but luckily my hotel has wifi.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abroad and roaming not working!

Check that international call barring is not active on your account. That's caused roaming problems in the past

0 Kudos
Originalblondie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - is this something Virgin need to sort their end? There was a post from 2014 which said the team would pick these sort of things up and rectify them but I've only had your reply - so thank you!
0 Kudos
Originalblondie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I should also add I can't register or log into see my account. I can't remember if I've ever registered to do it - when I try and log in it says my email address isn't recognised, which suggests I've never registered, but when I try and register it brings up a space for a security question which has no question so I don't know what to put and it won't progress me further
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you log in to your account? I think you can switch it off from there. You can also double check on your roaming status, just in case.

0 Kudos
Originalblondie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No sadly - see above 😞 Most disappointed with virgin mobile - a previous post said they'd monitor on here and sort things to do with roaming issues
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Originalblondie,

Virgin team members do pick up these posts eventually but it can take a while.

For a much quicker result you would be best advised to call customer services yourself.

Calling from abroad - Virgin mobile UK support line is +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Originalblondie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I deeply apologise for not being able to roam in India. I can appreciate how important it is to stay in contact with people when you're abroad.

I'm afraid we're not able to activate roaming or make any changes to your account for security reasons. We can definitely provide technical assistance. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Are you able to search manually for networks?

When you called, did you speak to an agent to confirm roaming was enabled?

When you try to register online and it asks for a security answer, use the one you give when you phone us up. Does this work?

Failing that, AlexKid has provided you with the number you can contact the team from abroad.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Originalblondie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

Thanks for coming back to me.

I used your automated service which told me I could roam, so I had no cause to speak to an operator. (Being the suspicious type, I'd normally speak to one anyway even after using an automated thing, but I trusted you guys this time 😞)

I can manually search for networks, it won't let me join any. And I've turned my phone on and off countless times with no joy

I don't recall ever having to call you before so wouldn't have a password set up.

It would cost a bomb to ring from here and I'm reluctant to in case the matter isn't sorted and I end up racking up a huge bill for something I shouldn't have to - I trusted your system and it let me down so then having to rectify your (Virgins) issue at my expense and time grieves me... Especially given there's some kind of error on my account your end that won't let me register or log in on my account feature

Thanks
Nicole
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Nicole Smiley Happy

The best option for you if you're unable to log in, is to call us on +447953 967967 from any other phone.

Give us a call and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos