Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

About My Device link

When logged into my account I was always able to get details of my phone by tapping on the About My Device wording, but since having a Sim Only Pay Monthly account when I tap on the About My Device it brings up a 404 file or directory not found.

Is this now because my account is now Sim Only?

The About My Device bit is beside a small image of my phone underneath my mobile number.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: About My Device link

Hi paperclip,

I believe the My Device area will only display information for a handset under contract, so having since moved over to a SIM only plan the website has no contract handset information to pull from the main account.

Despite this, our teams over the phone will still have a historical log of handsets purchased through ourselves.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's what I thought and thanks for confirming. However my partner is still under contract and that link brings up a similar message.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Liam_T wrote:

Hi paperclip,

I believe the My Device area will only display information for a handset under contract, so having since moved over to a SIM only plan the website has no contract handset information to pull from the main account.

Despite this, our teams over the phone will still have a historical log of handsets purchased through ourselves.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Hi Liam, I tend to disagree with you there :-)

Linked on one of my numbers is an old phone model/EMEI number listed from years ago.

I've been trying for well over a year now to have that phone removed/updated - but the final outcome was that it can not/will not never be removed unless I buy a new phone from Virgin ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag!

That is a strange one!

On the back of what you have said I just decided to log in and have a look at a SIM only I have. It has always been a SIM Only, never purchased a handset for that number, yet my old Sony Z2 is appearing on there, despite that being my previous device (on my own number) before upgrading earlier this year.

Weird.

I am not sure if some of these 'qwerks' are down to how our new ecare system handled migrated data back from March 2015, and if so, new sales/upgrades since then should display correct handset information whilst under contract.

Liam_T
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperclip

Just to let you know having had a look into your particular issue further, we have raised this off to be looked at as it seems there is indeed a broken link appearing within the 'my device' area of your online account.

Let us know if anything changes Smiley Happy

Regards

Liam_T
Forum Team

0 Kudos