Menu
GAT7
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

APNs - why 2 options, and which one to choose?

Hi guys, is it normal to have 2 options here, & which one is preferable please?

APNs - 2 options (Virgin Media).png

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community] 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
AcecorePotter
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: APNs - why 2 options, & which one to choose?

Hi there!

I have the same APN's in my S7 Edge. Having looked through the settings the only difference between the two is under APN type the WDS APN does not have the MMS tag. All other settings are identical and would work for mobile data at home and abroad.

On our devices the MMS tag is not important as we have a separate APN for MMS settings which allow us to send MMS messages.

Screenshot_20160828-102340.png

Hope that helps!

Liam

I work for Virgin Mobile but my views and opinions are my own. Virgin Media are not responsible for my comments.
0 Kudos

All Replies
AcecorePotter
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there!

I have the same APN's in my S7 Edge. Having looked through the settings the only difference between the two is under APN type the WDS APN does not have the MMS tag. All other settings are identical and would work for mobile data at home and abroad.

On our devices the MMS tag is not important as we have a separate APN for MMS settings which allow us to send MMS messages.

Screenshot_20160828-102340.png

Hope that helps!

Liam

I work for Virgin Mobile but my views and opinions are my own. Virgin Media are not responsible for my comments.
0 Kudos
GAT7
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding.

So it doesn't make a difference if I choose between 'Virgin Media Mobile Internet' or 'WDS'?
0 Kudos
AcecorePotter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It certainly makes no difference to me whichever is selected as the settings with each APN are identical. I can't explain why there are two APNs but it won't cause you any issues Smiley Happy