Menu
james2k2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A couple of issues and Early Upgrade question

Over the past month or so I've had extremely poor service in the data area. Data being slow or non-existent despite a supposed excellent H+ signal. And when in crowded areas, it's not even worth having my phone on.

I understand that VM uses EE for the service, but I believe we must be getting a lower priority signal or something because I can have friends and colleagues in a same location on EE directly and have a fine service, and mine will be very poor by comparison.

An example was today my phone reported an excellent H+ signal for nearly my whole journey of 24 miles, and it didn't even manage to stream a single song from Google Play Music. Did a speed test at home with 4/5 bars of H+ and got a whopping 0.37mbps download and 0.51 upload. Did another test: 0.43 down, 0.17 up. This is just appalling to be honest.

Another example was whilst at Silverstone the other weekend, not only did I have no data, I didn't even have the ability to call or text, yet others on EE could! My friend who was with me who is also with yourselves had the same problem, so it's not device related.

Second issue is I've been abroad and according to my service status I have roaming enabled, yet I couldn't call anybody whilst out there. I could text, but not call.

Final thing is actually about upgrading early - is it possible? I.e. can I pay the remainder of the contract and then start a fresh with a new device?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: A couple of issues and Early Upgrade question

Hi James2k2,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with the signal on the phone. I want to get this sorted for you. Are you able to try your sim in another phone so we can pinpoint the issue?

With regards to roaming, if you could text then roaming was enabled correctly. It may have been something to do with our network partner while you were abroad.

And finally, it is possible to buy out the remainder of your contract, this would cost your monthly fee times by the remaining amount of months.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi James2k2,

have you made any progress on the issues you've had with your phone?

Please let me know if there's anything you need from me.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
james2k2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

I haven't got another phone to try it in, however another person in my house who's joined you only a few months back on a 1-month sim contract has also complained of similar issues (not on here yet, but mentioned to me). They joined you originally as I had said about the good service I'd had, however of recent it's got quite poor with us both having similar issues (like when at Silverstone). So this should rule out it being related to my phone.

At home our signal is no where near as good as it used to be.

If I was to upgrade early, would it be cheeky to lower my contract amount to the lowest tariff, and then pay off the remaining months?

Kind Regards,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply James Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear of the developing signal issues at home and elsewhere. I want to rule out any potential issues in the area of your home. Can you please PM me your full postcode so I can get to the bottom of this for you?

With regards to lowering your tariff, I'm afraid it's not possible to lower the tariff you're on. The tariffs can only be increased or decreased to the original price.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
james2k2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

I'm sent you the PM as requested.

On the tariff thing, I was originally on a lower tariff and upgraded my tariff for more data, so presumed I could lower it again? If I log into my account it gives me £16/mo as an option to lower it to?

Kind Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending that over James Smiley Happy

If you've upgraded your contract previously, you can change it back to the original tariff.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos