Menu
MikeFen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had 28 calls since 1/2/17 from this number 8001836417 you cannot call them back and today i answered this call I was really unsure of the person on the other end if he was really with Virgin mobile. To my utter dismay this person to "prove " who he was rattled off my password and details of my wife and son I am going to report this to the Data Protection people because it is a blatant misuse of my data. If Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media read this they can contact me on my e-mail account I find this most disturbing 

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 8001836417

Yep the number is missing the leading 0 but it is Virgin. 

Depending on your phone you may be able to put it in a call reject list. Also, ring 789 an ask to be taken off marketing calls. (may take a couple of weeks)

Can't suggest anything about the misuse of data, but worth reporting. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeFen,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with receiving multiple sales calls from us and that your details have been quoted back to you on one of those calls. I appreciate that this is not the level of service we would expect to provide and it's understandable that you're unhappy with the situation. Have you been in touch with us direct to report this since your post?

If you would like for me to look into this further for you, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
HARASSEDbyVIRGI
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

+8001836417

www.http://complaint.resolver.co.uk

https://www.cedr.com/cisas/make-a-complaint/

PLEASE LODGE YOUR COMPLAINT WITH THE ABOVE TWO WEBSITES REGARDS TO THIS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR FROM VIRGIN WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW IN HARASSING PEOPLE CAUSING DISTRESS

WE HAVE "HUMAN RIGHTS" IN THIS COUNTRY FOR A REASON...

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO USE THEM...
0 Kudos
laurabillings
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I am also getting calls from this number. Several per day, over several days. Silence when I answered - silent voice messages being left when I don't answer. No option to block from the phone app like there is with other numbers. If it's a Virgin sales calls, please remove my number from marketing immediately. Assuming my email from this registration can be connected to my mobile number in your records for you to do this. Thanks.

0 Kudos