Menu
alexf11713
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

789 system is always busy

Hello,

For over a week now, I have tried to top up on my Sony Xperia Z3 using the 789 line (as it is the most comfortable way for me to do so). The line has always been reportedly 'busy' and tells me to call again later (which I do: only to experience the same response). After looking through the forum, I can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue. Any help would be welcomed.

Thank you for reading. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 789 system is always busy

Hi alexf11713, 

Thanks for posting to make us aware of your issues, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

It would be great if you could try calling 0345 600 789 and see if that works, and then post back here to let us know the outcome.

I look forward to hearing from you, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alexf11713
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just tried the full number and I still get the same issue of the line being reportedly busy. (I don't know if it's any help, but I still get the text messages from Virgin, despite this issue).

Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
pshrink3
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In something like 18 years of using a Virgin PAYG phone I have never waited for more than a few seconds to connect to the 789 service.

0 Kudos
alexf11713
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bit of an update, it turns out I can't send messages to Virgin's text system either (except instead of saying it's busy, the reply mentions 'technical hiccups'). A speedy resolution would be desired, as I need to top-up my phone (for both credit & tariff purposes) as soon as possible.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi alexf11713,

Thanks getting back to usSmiley Happy

This does seem very strange.

If this was a general issue we would have noticed but this does appear to be an individual issue.

I think due to the fact your issue is unique you will need to call our Mobile Tech team on 0345 6000 789 from a different handset. They will be able to check certain things on the system we cannot from here.

I would suggest topping up via Your Account in the mean time. 

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos