Menu
normanoliver
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

7000 numbers

How do I stop 7000 numbers from texting me?. its costing £4.50 a time !!.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 7000 numbers

Hi normanoliver,

premium texts are a subscription based service, providing some sort of content such as news, games, competitions etc.

You will at some point have needed to sign up, Perhaps you did so accidentally, clicking on a link without thinking or not ticking a box somewhere.

They often use a shortcode (about 5 numbers). Texting back "STOP" or “STOP ALL” should end the service.

Try entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker to see if that gives you contact information for the company and contact them directly.

Or use this site: PhonepayPlus. They are the UK regulator for premium rate services.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi normanoliver,

premium texts are a subscription based service, providing some sort of content such as news, games, competitions etc.

You will at some point have needed to sign up, Perhaps you did so accidentally, clicking on a link without thinking or not ticking a box somewhere.

They often use a shortcode (about 5 numbers). Texting back "STOP" or “STOP ALL” should end the service.

Try entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker to see if that gives you contact information for the company and contact them directly.

Or use this site: PhonepayPlus. They are the UK regulator for premium rate services.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Normanoliver,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for posting into us.

I would like to help and certainly when there's charges from these texts, their never fun. I can see that you have had some really helpful information from AlexKid and would love to know how you got on after following this?

Also if the texts were not of your doing, you can usualy claima refund back from then if you're able to identify them. i hope things work out for you and please take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos