Menu
bethallan76
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4g not working?

I recently updated to 4g, got a new SIM, followed the instructions to activate it and dutifully waited for my new billing period to kick in. Still no 4g. Sitting next to my other half on the same network, he has 4g, I have H. I've checked the SIM settings and they are set to 4g max. Phone is a Lumia 640 LTE. Have I missed anything?
0 Kudos
bethallan76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4g not working

I recently updated to 4g, got a new SIM, followed the instructions to activate it and dutifully waited for my new billing period to kick in. Still no 4g. Sitting next to my other half on the same network, he has 4g, I have H. I've checked the SIM settings and they are set to 4g max. Phone is a Lumia 640 LTE. Have I missed anything?
0 Kudos
bethallan76
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g not working?

In case anyone has else the problem, here is what seemed to fix it for me.  I spoke to Virgin support who confirmed that everything was set up, all the settings on my phone were as they should be, etc. In SIM Settings on my phone, you can set the highest data connection. I set it from 4g down to 3g, and it still showed H and H+ only, which support said was odd.  Anyway - played further when off the phone - set it to 2g to see if that changed the information. It did - down to E. Set it back to 4g and it started working. Maybe it's just my phone, or maybe it will affect other Lumia 640 users too.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g not working?

Hey bethallan76, 

Thank you for letting us know that it’s all fixed out for you and I’m glad that it is! I will keep a note of your hint because this is fantastic information that we can use, all makes and model’s have little quirks so the more of them we know the better!

So thank you for sharing that with us! Smiley Happy

Take care 

Kelly 

0 Kudos