Menu
Hugomatthews
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4g not working on iPhone 7

Had 4g sim for a few weeks and now waited for data refresh but still no 4g, phoned but every thing they have asked to do has not worked, power cycle ETC. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g not working on iPhone 7

The iPhone requires an update to display correctly that you have 4g (though it is working) I am not sure who has to do the update but it will go to all the iPhone's I don't think it's something they can send to an individual phone

0 Kudos
Hugomatthews
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How can I tell if 4g is working, I've done a speed check and got 14meg download..is that what you would expect for 4g
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If the iPhone is on 4g, it will be showing LTE.
If it is still showing 3g, H or H+, your sim is still on 3g or there's no 4g signal in your area.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Hugomatthews
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The settings on my phone are;
LTE
3G
2g
Which one do I select for 4g. I tried LTE didn't seem to work, how come all other networks say 4g
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

LTE is 4g, eventually Virgin will show 4g instead of LTE on iPhone's because that's what people want to see. lol

When on mobile data, what symbol do you see at top of screen, 3g, H, H+ or LTE?

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Laitz
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this problem too.

So if my phone is showing options 2G, 3G and LTE, it means my 4G data is working???

IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN WHY ADVERTISE SIM CARDS AS "4G SIM"??? WHY NOT ADVERTISE IT AS "LTE"??? Smiley Mad I've had such massive problems.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Check for your iPhone for updates, Apple have released a carrier patch so your phone should display 4g instead of LTE after installing it :-)

Why have you had such massive problems over it?. It is only a name change - nothing else will be any different !!!
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Laitz wrote:

I'm having this problem too.

So if my phone is showing options 2G, 3G and LTE, it means my 4G data is working???

IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN WHY ADVERTISE SIM CARDS AS "4G SIM"??? WHY NOT ADVERTISE IT AS "LTE"??? Smiley Mad I've had such massive problems.

Because the majority of the phones on the market show 4G. It's an Apple American thing.

0 Kudos