Menu
ns77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4g and Virgin Media Wifi

Well i have finally cancelled my contract after approx 16 years, i called for a 4g update or a street wifi update but they still dont know when (or if) it will be available,over the years the uk call centres have been great and the deals they offered me (even the deal they offered me to stay) have been unbeatable,But when you spend around 450 quid (plus) on a state of the art mobile you want it to have the best & fastest network.The coverage is excellent it just needs to be able to compete.

Sad Day Smiley Embarassed

Come on VM get it sorted,and as i said to the guy on the phone i would come back tomorrow if the mobile wifi & 4g were launched.....Rant Over Smiley Happy

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4g & Virgin Media Wifi

Certainly an interesting question - Virgin (I Believe) piggy back on the "EE" signal - and they offer 4g as standard these days, so i wonder why Virgin dont ?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Because that is the deal they set up with EE a couple of years back and nothing will change till a new long term deal is signed either with EE or one of the other networks

0 Kudos
ns77
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i dont suppose the big boys at Virgin ever come on here but after 2 years without 4g & street wifi it might be time for them to look at another supplier to piggy-back off (eg 3) there coverage for 4g in my area is good,just outside where i live it's excellent, so 3's coverage VM uk call centres (SORTED) Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ns77 wrote:

it might be time for them to look at another supplier to piggy-back off (eg 3) there coverage for 4g in my area is good,just outside where i live it's excellent, so 3's coverage

Not unless they want to plant some more masts as their coverage here is nonexistent.

0 Kudos
dcweather
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid for some reason 4G is the elephant in  the room for Virgin. I have been with them since the beginning but am thinking of leaving and I have everything with them. Their Customer Service told me there was little demand for 4G !! So why do all the new phones have it and all of the other providers offer it? I see the really long thread on this got closed down - perhaps it was getting embarrassing. As BT are now getting their broadband speed up and getting a bigger slice of the Premier League the formerly excellent Virgin Media are going to fall behind and with changing technology there is no time to catch up.

0 Kudos