Menu
Silver_Surfer
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

4G

Hi, I am new to this forum but I moved to Virgin mobile just a short while ago. I am looking at upgrading my phone to a new i7 but note that only business users can have 4G. When will Virgin get a move on and offer this to us "normal users". we are on EE after all which prides itself on its 4G?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4G

Hi Silver_Surfer,

as HowardML says "VM will never disclose commercial issues on this or any other Forum unless and until they are ready to announce something."

However here in ISPreview: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/4g-mobile-upgrade-finally-coming-virgin-media-october-2...

Along with some very strong "hints" from a member of Virgin staff suggest that it will be very soon.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Frankly your guess is as good anyone's. VM will never disclose commercial issues on this or any other Forum unless and until they are ready to announce something.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Silver_Surfer,

as HowardML says "VM will never disclose commercial issues on this or any other Forum unless and until they are ready to announce something."

However here in ISPreview: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/4g-mobile-upgrade-finally-coming-virgin-media-october-2...

Along with some very strong "hints" from a member of Virgin staff suggest that it will be very soon.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Do a search on this site for '4G' and be amazed at the number of people asking, and the 3 year (and counting) wait.

'promised' in 2013, and ever since, but it is nothing more than false promises.

Staff and 'those in the know' keep on dropping 'hints' but in truth, until it actually happens, take it all with the proverbial 'pinch of salt'

VM staff will openly lie to you to get you to sign a contract, and that means promising something they KNOW they cannot deliver. (I was 'promised in 2014 that 4G was on it's way very very soon!!)

J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

A google now shows the impending 4G from more sources, still looks on for October fingers, toes all crossed.
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Ive been promised it for the last 2 years. " it will be here for next year sir"  or something like that

Bunch of LIARS

All the other suppliers now do 4g now

goto the compare sites and see what you can get and will work out cheaper than virmins packages

EDIT: if your still in the 14 day cooling of period you can leave virmin

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I am out of contract and need to be on 4G, I have heard the rumours about VM getting 4G this month but this cant be confirmed, and these rumours always get extended VM told us for 3 years that the iPhone was coming soon

So after a quick look on EE t5oday and seeing the deals offered on 4G double speed Sim only it looks as that will be my next move, and the 6 months free Apple Music for me is a Great incentive 

I have spoken to CS who hint at 4G coming soon but cant give a date so after this month as gone I will move to EE pity really asIve been with VM since they started with M

Hold on tight to your Dreams...(ELO)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

You and me both
0 Kudos
gus0898uk
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

A CSA told me 3 or 4 weeks ago, "October"............but in fairness to them they never said which October.

Come on Virgin Mobile, you are better than this, get it sorted.

0 Kudos