Menu
nav2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

4G

What's the point of selling latest 4GLTE phones when the network don't support it on the consumer contracts...????
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G

What new phone isn't 4G compatible? Virgin have no choice in sticking 4G phones
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, there has been a report that it is on the way but nothing yet as appeared as an official announcement. 

What the charges will be when it does finally appear is anyone's guess

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Well, there has been a report that it is on the way but nothing yet as appeared as an official announcement. 

What the charges will be when it does finally appear is anyone's guess

VM have been promising  conning customers with that line since 2013, and we are STILL waiting.

Was 'promised' when I took out the sim contract in 2013, '4G will be with us very soon'  Hahahahahahahaha.....

To be brutally honest, VM have problems even providing decent 3G coverage in some areas, look at the number of posts regarding poor signal on this site, (me being one of them!)

VM are always FIRST to take the money, but LAST to provide the services....

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

October it's happening start middle or end, I'd guess end but it is on its way very soon. For Virgin that is.

Ive called in at least 6 times over the last 3 years or so and had the lies or not yet but we are working on it answer but it's almost  Virgin Christmas.........

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

October it's happening start middle or end, I'd guess end but it is on its way very soon. For Virgin that is.

Ive called in at least 6 times over the last 3 years or so and had the lies or not yet but we are working on it answer but it's almost  Virgin Christmas.........

this year, or next. notice there is no actual timescale (as usual) 2017 perhaps?? VM very careful NOT to commit themselves, always, always vague 'promises'

Those broadband 'speed upgrades' promised for 2015-2016 have been pushed back to 2016-2017 for some people, so 4G from Virgin?? not in my lifetime matey, no matter what you say.. promises and spin, that's all VM offer..

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I hope you like humble pie, the 4G flavour is coming your way 

0 Kudos
amonline
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was told a few days ago by VirginMedia's official Twitter account that 4G was definitely coming to Virgin before the end of 2016, so we'll see:

virgin-4G-01.PNG

0 Kudos