Menu
OliG
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4G

Hi.

While debating renewing my contract with you, I was informed by your customer services that your Virgin Mobile customers will be getting 4G services in October.

Given that I have not seen any press releases or anything similar online, I was doubtful, but I was informed by the kind person who spoke to me that your customer service people have been given an exact date to officially hand out (something like the 4th or the 6th or so) for when you add a 4G service to your network.

This was a main reason for why I chose to still do business with you despite the joke of a service I have had over the past two years (stopped bothering to honour my student discount, stopped bothering to give me my bill electronically, lied to me, hassled me about, tried to make me make your phone calls to sort of your broken system when it was nothing to do with me, were so rude to me in your Leeds branch when asking about conflicting information regarding my upgrade date that most people in and around the shop walked away, etc etc etc) and I will be absolutely disgusted if I have been lied to yet again.

Could any member of your community team confirm that this is the case, and you will be enabling 4G services in October 2016? I will be reconsidering giving you business if I have been lied to. And I'm prepared to pay more money elsewhere if this is the case (again).

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G

I think you have been mislead. They have been saying this sort of thing for over 2 years.

It is not the sort of information they would give out to CS reps and I think you will find that the team on here don't have that information either.

I have friends in the industry and also take the trade press. None of these have heard even a remote rummer of Virgin getting 4G

Such deals between MVNO's like Virgin and the Main Operators are kept secret till the last moment.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi OliG,

as enlli says, you have been misinformed Smiley Frustrated

Here is a recent response to the question of 4G from a Virgin Team member: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Loss-of-signal-and-4G-Availability/m-p/3145532#M63...

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

OliG
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer.

So yet again Virgin Mobile lies to me.

Disgraceful.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I have received the same lies of the years when I've called and asked, I suspect that as Virgin do have a 4G business network it's down to them not being willing to pay the 4G price.
Now EE is really Virgins biggest rival BT I gues it's going to take a while longe.
I called and asked about 4G 3 months ago to be told yet again it's in the pipeline should not be long, we've been told all a load of the b word.

Why stay, well I get an excellent package for a very good price

0 Kudos
Darkstar1337
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm sure they said the same last year. I read this week that Vodafone want out of the UK now due to Brexit so I wouldn't be surprised if they try selling up to Liberty, that could be one way of getting 4G as the EE deal must be nearing an end

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Darkstar1337 wrote:

Yes I'm sure they said the same last year. I read this week that Vodafone want out of the UK now due to Brexit so I wouldn't be surprised if they try selling up to Liberty, that could be one way of getting 4G as the EE deal must be nearing an end

That was to do with moving their main office out of the UK. 

However, you are right in saying they are going to have to do a deal with one of the networks. If they move that means loads of posts where some will be out of coverage or have poorer signal, and these will be have to balanced against those who do well with increased coverage.

Originally, Liberty were talking of doing a 10 year deal with the combined O2/Three merger but that has fallen by the wayside. 

0 Kudos
Darkstar1337
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Originally, Liberty were talking of doing a 10 year deal with the combined O2/Three merger but that has fallen by the wayside. 

Thanks to the EUSSR

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Darkstar1337 wrote:

enlli wrote:

Thanks to the EUSSR

At the request of OFCOM