Menu
cookiedude1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G

Hey!

There is a lot of talk about VM bringing out the 4G network to personal consumers, when is this going to happen? I heard this was supposed to happen in Feb 2015?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G

For any date VM quote, add 2 years.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's not enough. I was told 4G was coming "soon" two years and nine months ago.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sadly:

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2015/08/12/virgin-media-wont-be-launching-own-uk-4g-service-anytime-s...

The important bits from that link:

Virgin’s main focus is currently on expanding its broadband infrastructure across the UK and not offering mobile customers the benefits of 4G 

Virgin Media has confirmed it has no plans to launch its own 4G service in the UK anytime soon.

So with this in mind would one of the Virgin team respond to this?

We have been told over the last two years that its coming

Feb 2105 - delayed

Summer 2015 - never happened

Feb 2016 - looks like it not ever going to happen

For one I'm pi***d off about this EE are changing there towers over to 4G frequencies and leaving us behind, is it a cost issue, if it is then Virgin must be coining it in as the prices are not much different to anyone elses

TBO the service has slowly dropped from the time the media took over the mobile service 10 or 11 years the industry best, not far from it sadly.

I have marked this up for a mod: post below

Not an issue but we would like an official response on this subject please

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

We are always looking at ways in which we can improve our services going forward but I'm afraid we have never officially stated a date when 4G was coming at any point. If we have have any news on this it will more than likely be posted here in future.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos