Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11 (211 Views)

4G upgrade....is it worth it ?

I have a monthly sim only deal at the moment, I keep getting a notice while on Twitter that I can use it free on 4G.

So out of interest (advertising does work) I looked at the costs involved. The list of options are confusing to say the least. As you go down the options £6 pays for 300mb, £9 pays for 1mb crossed out and 4mb added, £12 has 8mb with 2mb crossed out. So why would anyone pay £13 for 3mb or £15 for 4mb ?

Are these time limited offers ? It doesn't mention that they are as far I can see.

What would be the noticeable difference if I went up from 3G to 4G ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 11 (203 Views)

Re: 4G upgrade....is it worth it ?

[ Edited ]

Hi Bruv,

the 4x data on the 1GB and 2GB plans are a current promotion and if taken, will remain in place whilst on that tariff.

Promotions and offers change all the time. Keep an eye on the website to keep abreast of current offers.

To be honest from my own observations the difference between 3G and 4G will be dependent on your device and signal in your area.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11 (176 Views)

So if I take one of those offers it continues as long as I'm on the tariff, even after the the 12 months are up ?

Why would anyone take the more expensive options with less data ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 11 (171 Views)

Hi Bruv,

yes the increased allowance continues for as long as you remain on the same plan.

I doubt that anyone open to this promotion would consider the £13 or £15 deals.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11 (163 Views)

When I tried to up grade through my account, the offer doesn't show, and I am reluctant to click on it while it isn't what I can see as the offer on Virgin's latest offer page.

I shall phone on Monday and give them what for..........I wont..........I shall ask nicely.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 11 (149 Views)

Phone is your option :-)
The 4x data offers your looking at are for a 12 month contract - the ones you see on your account are for staying on a 30day contract.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11 (128 Views)

Thanks that does makes sense now, phone is the option then.

Makes you wonder why they don't make the offer to their long term customers.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11 (105 Views)

Is there a number that puts me through to a real person ?

Have just called 789 and gone through an automated system telling me what plan I am on then them offering me other options to the ones I want.

Why oh why do these big companies treat their customers so poorly ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 11 (101 Views)

Hi Bruv,

789 or 150 > Mobile, usually does present an option to talk to a member of the Team free from your Virgin phone. Otherwise it's 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call).

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11 (92 Views)

I have just gone through the motions yet again, maybe it's me, I don't know.

Got through to a nice guy that called me by my christian name, when I eventually got around to telling him what I wanted, namely the offer I had open on Virgin's very own website, which says.......

Exclusive customer offer.....Your 4G SIM (with added OOMPH)....Free delivery...Super fast 4G.....12 ...

Apparently apart from the fact that I have been a customer over 20 years pay monthly by direct debit for a Mobile account and a TV, BB, and telephone account, they want my bank details again so they can run a check......they already have all these.....don't they ?

And the £8 offer is NOT for me......that would be for a new line......not an upgrade to my 30 day rolling contract but a new 12 month contract. There is no indication on the page that I can see that says it's not suitable for an upgrade...........I told the nice guy I was ending the call and not to bother, I was quite annoyed at this stage, as you might get from my tone.

10 or so minutes later I get an automated call asking me about my recent phone call to Virgin media with option 1 and 2 whether I was happy about it etc. etc........................I didn't throw the phone, I answered Siri's questions like a good boy.

The products are OK, the Broad band is good,........so why is it every time I get into the Virgin system my blood pressure rises ?

0 Kudos