Menu
Khusrau
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G update is a disaster and deceptive

Getting really frustrated and angry - I had to call Virgin to sort out the bill on my Pay by Month plan. My wife and I have a phone each on my account. During the call I was offered an upgrade to 4G - with rollover of data allowance etc, on my existing numbers, at a discounted price. Sounds great. I agreed.

When the SIM cards arrived, they were entirely new numbers. Annoying, but it should be easy to port the old numbers over, as Virgin will have the PAC. So now I have been on the phone for 23.44 minutes to Virgin, to be told that the discounted tariff does NOT apply to existing numbers. I am still on hold waiting for this to be sorted out. Now transferred to another team, with a wait time of 5 minutes plus... listening to what sounds like a 1990s Christian radio station. 

So essentially I have been sold a more expensive plan on 4G, unless I abandon the existing numbers that are on business cards, government directories and every business email I have sent out for the last year. 

And when you question this, you are told, oh, you were given misinformation. NO, I was lied to.  I am now looking for an alternative telco, this isn't the first time I have been given the runaround. I can port the number to a 4G supplier, keep the existing number, and not have to deal with this rubbish. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4G update is a disaster and deceptive

I think the first thing to work out is if they have given you two new accounts rather than upgrading your old ones. On upgrades it is perfectly possible to transfer your numbers.

Ring 789 again and choose 'thinking of leaving'. May get you a UK call centre, but no guarantees.

If they are new accounts and you are within 14 days it may be better for you to cancel, rather than go through the pain of sorting things out.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Khusrau
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Now up to 39 minutes, and I have been transferred to a new person, who has hung up on me. Great stuff Virgin.. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think the first thing to work out is if they have given you two new accounts rather than upgrading your old ones. On upgrades it is perfectly possible to transfer your numbers.

Ring 789 again and choose 'thinking of leaving'. May get you a UK call centre, but no guarantees.

If they are new accounts and you are within 14 days it may be better for you to cancel, rather than go through the pain of sorting things out.

0 Kudos
Khusrau
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They have given me a new account, with two new numbers. I have now made two separate phone calls, in both, I was transferred around, and finally disconnected while on hold. I just want them to close the two new numbers, then I have the choice of porting the old numbers across to a real 4G service without all the headache. Tonight I have spent over an hour and twenty minutes on the phone trying to get this sorted, and I am no further forward. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They tried this with me, they must be on commision

0 Kudos