Menu
lilacmillie
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4G sim No Service

Got my new 4G plan and sim. Now When it's in my phone I cant get a phone signal or mobile data. My plan started yesterday. I have just put my old 3G sim back in phone and now working fine. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4G sim No Service

Your new SIM needs Activating. If you are keeping your number Text READY to 789678

Your old SIM will be deactivated and the new one activated. (May take a few hours)

All Replies
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your new SIM needs Activating. If you are keeping your number Text READY to 789678

Your old SIM will be deactivated and the new one activated. (May take a few hours)

lilacmillie
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'm such a twit. I was putting new sim in THEN trying to text ready! Will do tonight. Need my phone today.
0 Kudos
lucas65
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I switched sim's last week and activated it with the Virgin team, however I am still only getting 3G and not 4G. Is there a certain date or time for this to change?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lucas65,

your new 4G will start at your next refresh date.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Meccocat
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've recently  installed 4G SIM on my phone but don't have any service.  I activated the code and waited 24 hours but still nothing.  Before switching I contacted virgin and asked what to do and I followed the instructions given.  I'm going to Spain next week so had roaming switched on at the same time so I don't know if this has impacted some way.  I'm still able to use data just not mms or telephone calls (so I can't even call virgin to sort the issue!!)

Please help,

many thanks

0 Kudos
Mummyhog
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem. I got a new phone and SIM card. Have followed all instructions to set up sim. I texted "ready" on old sim and got a message confirming that new sim was up and running and that old sim won't work. Now have no phone working as neither sim allows me to send texts or make calls.

Don't know if I need to wait for when my mobile plan updates to 4g plan (which is in almost 2 weeks!). Had just assumed I'd have 3G service until then, but have nothing.

Do I need to ring virgin (as can't do that from phone!) or is there something else I need to do?

0 Kudos
Mummyhog
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

To update. I rang virgin and it would appear that there is currently an issue (not just me) where the old sims says it has been deactivated and new sim set up, but it hasn't transferred over so I can actually use my old phone and sim even though I'd been told I couldn't. Lady I spoke to couldn't sort my prob though. Said they have had a few issues like this and are needing to investigate. Am waiting for them to call back! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mummyhog,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems activating your new SIM card. I hope this has been resolved since your post and your new SIM card is up and running, however if you are still having issues with this please let us know.

Kind regards

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos